Exhaust Help

ok, put the 3rd set of mufflers on my wife's '12 V6 yesterday. went with the Magnaflow street kit and they sound "ok". not ricey, or real loud, but just a bit deeper than stock. were they worth the $419 the kit cost me? probably not. but i have an issue with the driver's side muffler aligning properly. the passenger side went great with no issues. the driver's side though will not align no matter what i do. it's almost like the rear hanger is too short. causing it to push against the rear valance. for now, i have a piece of rubber between the tip and valence. will probably have an exhaust shop weld me a new hanger so it will align. anybody else have this issue with their Magnaflow kit? if so, how did you get it aligned?

on another note, i am considering have the cats cut off and just welding straight pipe in their place. this should give the car more sound for sure. i already have a tuner, so i can get the check engine light to go out once they are removed. any drawbacks of doing this versus just buying an offroad h pipe? this way will cost me about $50 versus over $200.

• Sponsors (?)