Exhaust Leak..??? 94 5.0

ShaDyNasty42

Sep 12, 2017
So I put a all new exhaust on and I'm pretty sure I had a minor minor exhaust leak by the driver side header collector to pipe. But recently I ordered all new tires and took it to the exhaust shop right after and had my mufflers welded on and down pipes. Well waiting on my tires and having a long irritating day I did a burn out in front if my house and there's a alley way along my fence I went side ways down it and there were some deep rivits with a bit if muddy water and was going to fast to stop so off I went well she bogged down and I git her to the house and the exhaust pipe a bit after the headers have cuppling well one of the pipes popped off and I took her back to the shop and had then do it all up and was hopin it was that well nope same thing but it's not bogged down I just have really louding tapping so I took off the upper intake and valve covers yesterday checked the rods and retorqied the rockers and put it all back together and same thing. I know leaks around the O2 sensors can throw off the computer and afr when I start her up with no throttle she jumps up to 2k-2.5k for a few seconds then goes back down to about normal idle. When I get home I'mma run a shop vac and soapy water to check but what do y'all think

• Sponsors (?)

Start with the basics... pull codes, tune up, stuff like that.

I’d also get familiar with doing things like tightening your exhaust. You’ll go broke on a old mustang otherwise

Reactions: 1 user