Exhaust mounting problems. need help

ShortThrow50

Oct 22, 2006
Pa
I finally dropped my eng and trans in but came across 2 more dam problems. Im frustrated. I have the summit shorty headers as shown (started running short on cash lol). It seems as though I cant get the passenger side mac o/r h pipe hanger into the holder because if i do put it in the holder it wont reach the header flange or ball (whatever u call it). The drivers side is fine. Im not so sure it is because of the summit headers, they seem legit. I think its because of the tko mounting is further back. Should i just sawzall the hanger and be done with it? My other problem is, for some weird ass reason the h pipes are about 2 - 3 inches from reaching my flowmaster catback. What gives? I ran the same h pipe and catback on my old setup. The cat back stayed mounted on the car. Why and how is this possible. What should i do with that now? Is there some sort of extension i can do? Give me your thoughts on what to do next. I dont think the headers are the culprit, they seem to be the same size as the stock ones. Everything else including dropping the engine in (by myself) went easy. Also, I will never attempt to do a clutch quadrant in a fox again. That pissed me off too but got it done. Thanks. Sorry for the long post

2007050800004dp7.jpg

2007_051900010.jpg

2007_051600003.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i HATE changing my clutch quadrant. i replaced my stock one with a D&D aluminum quadrant, which i broke in 2 months, a few months back. i've since gotten a pro 5.0 one. very sturdy piece. way easier to install, only have to slide it on one of the pedal posts rather than try and shimmy it on to two. ummm, as far as your exhaust, just hack the hangers. i haven't used them since day 1. and your exhaust not reaching now? do you mean your h pipe doesn't reach the flow tubes? if you can't tweak it to get it to fit, i'd say take it to a local muffler shop and have them extend your flow tubes or your h pipe the necessary length. but i still don't see why they don't reach. thats odd.

Well, unless your trying using a H that was meant for longtubes then the only thing that comes to mind is the hangar plate that mounts between the tranny tail section and the tranny mount is backwards. There is a left/right indicator on it. As long as the xmember is in the stock spot then thats all it could be. I personally would figure out why it wont reach and would recommend against cutting the hangars.

Well, unless your trying using a H that was meant for longtubes then the only thing that comes to mind is the hangar plate that mounts between the tranny tail section and the tranny mount is backwards. There is a left/right indicator on it. As long as the xmember is in the stock spot then thats all it could be. I personally would figure out why it wont reach and would recommend against cutting the hangars.

I have tko 600 and it requires you to cut welds on stock crossmemebr and slide crossmember all the way back and re weld. all the mounting points are pushed back. it is the same h pipe i used on my old setup with stock headers. It is a mac made for stock 93 5.0 headers. I understand what your saying though. If it were for long tubes I would have more like a 1 foot gap rather tthan 2 inches