Exhaust Question for 2008 Mustang GT

BBKStang08

Mar 2, 2009
Hey everybody! I just had a question to ask you all as I am just getting into upgrading different parts of my car as I have money for them. I am currently in the works of putting a full exhaust on it and have the following parts:
BBK Shorty Headers - BBK Performance 1612 - BBK Shorty Headers - summitracing.com
BBK Xtracter Series X-Pipe - BBK Performance 1769 - BBK Xtracter Series X-Pipes - summitracing.com

Now my question is of what I should do about the rest of the system? The site says that the pipe I have bought will fit any catback system on the market. I wanted to do either of the following systems:
Flowmaster American Thunder Back Half Kit - Flowmaster 17410 - Flowmaster American Thunder Back Half Kits - summitracing.com
SLP Loudmouth Exhaust - SLP Performance M31014 - SLP Performance Parts Loud Mouth Exhaust Systems - summitracing.com
... but both of these are axelback, and I have no idea if they will fit correctly with my selected pipe.

If anybody has any answers about if I can use an axelback with the pipe that is left there that would be great! Also if anybody has an opinion as to whether to get the Flowmaster or SLP with my off-road pipe that would be great as well!

Thanks much everybody!

• Sponsors (?)

If you are running an O/R X both flows and SLPs will sound like crap. The flows will sound too raspy and tinny especially at wot. The SLPs will be too obnoxious sounding. Get stingers, bassai race or magnapacks. These axlebacks sound good with an o/r x

i suggest you get LT's instead of shorties, better gains from LT's. but any header you get, you should get them ceramic coated, helps w/ heat and discoloration, the extra money for the ceramic coating is money well spent.

magnapacks, stingers, M80's would all sound good w/ that combo.