Exhaust Question

• Sponsors (?)

Dave03GT:

Your car has mufflers that are located about under the back seat. The '05 has mufflers that are after the axle/gas tank. If you're a good welder, you can make things fit but it is going to be a big job. If you pick up any Mustang magazine (Modular Mustangs & Fast Fords or 5.0 or.....), you will see the difference between the two exhaust systems. I humbly suggest that you consider other/easier options (but you can thank your buddy for the kind gesture of offering his mufflers to you).

Chris

Dave03GT:

Your car has mufflers that are located about under the back seat. The '05 has mufflers that are after the axle/gas tank. If you're a good welder, you can make things fit but it is going to be a big job. If you pick up any Mustang magazine (Modular Mustangs & Fast Fords or 5.0 or.....), you will see the difference between the two exhaust systems. I humbly suggest that you consider other/easier options (but you can thank your buddy for the kind gesture of offering his mufflers to you).

Chris

I think that can be summed up as... pointless to buy. :p

LM1s are simply muffler delete systems. I have a set on my 09 GT500 and they are straight pipe with a "resonator" tip on them. There is no resonator really just tips. :rlaugh:

IMO if you want to hear what your 03 GT would sound like with LM1s.....take out the mufflers and put in a length of straight pipe. Same concept as LM1s.
Muffler delete.

LM2s have a small baffle effect and are actually resonators, but there is no real muffler or baffle to the 05 and up LM1s to cut, modify, then bolt into your 03 GT.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I didn't think it would work, but I was getting them for next to nothing so I figured I would check first.

the aftermarket pipes are larger in diameter than stock right? you can cut the resonators out but if the pipes aren't the same size.....

id get a system designed for your car...go used thats what i did :)