Few Fixes

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Boston
My car has been p***ing me off lately, so I decided to tackle a few of the issues that I either half ass installed, or band-aid fixed in the past.

For starters:
I've had a nice pioneer head unit in my car for about 2 years and never could get it to sound very good. I used the supplied kit from crutchfield to install it, but it has never sounded as good as it did with the stock head unit. I finally figured it out. I installed a JBL 1000 10inch woofer in a ported box (package deal) with an old school MTX Thunder 240 amp. I moved the two RCA's that came with the crutchfield kit to the Rear Amp Preouts and set them as full range speakers. Adjusted the HPF and the subwoofer LPF. Now it sounds better than stock... which is to be expected. The only problem I am having now is that I cant seem to locate what ever is rattling in the trunk.

I finally took my catted mid-pipe and welded an o2 sensor bung about 4 inches behind the collector on the passenger side for my wide band. I bought a 2nd o2 sensor bung for my o/r x-pipe as well. I have had the wideband installed in the drivers side collector and using the analog out to simulate a stock o2 sensor... car has been throwing a code for o2 sensor heater (since I clipped the stock sensor wires).

I have been trying to get in touch with my tuner as well. I have an sct chip in the car, but I want him to put the tune on a hand held for me. At that point, I can do some data-logging and he could fix my WOT fuel tables (10.2 to 10.9 afr at WOT) as well as the P0405 the car has been throwing since the day after he tuned it. Of course it is a bit difficult for me to get in touch with him being that I am in SC now and he is in OH. Oh well.

Worse case scenario, I will put a glenns performance return style fuel system in the car along with 60lb injectors and an SCT BA2600 next tax season (to fix the other band aided crap), then take it up to Pro-Dyno for a retune.

• Sponsors (?)