Finally broke down and got personalized plates

Husky44

10 Year Member
Sep 27, 2006
Tacoma, WA
(See sig pic) Not really mustang-related, other than the fact that they're on my 95, but saw these at the DMV and decided I couldn't pass them up.

One of the units I served in is the 101st Pathfinder Company (part of the 101st Airborne (Air Assault) Division). I was there in the mid 80s. It is one of the greatest units that no one has ever heard of. The unit was formed during WWII from elite paratroopers who were dropped in ahead of the main body to provide drop zone marking and guidance for the main body. WWII Trivia: The first American to land in France during the D Day invasion was CPT Frank Lillyman, the company commander of the 101st Pathfinders.

This elite unit served with distinction in WWII, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq, and is currently serving in Afghanistan. Modern Pathfinders (since Vietnam) are experts not only in drop zone marking and aircraft guidance, but also are inserted in front of helicopter assaults to conduct reconnaissance, provide air traffic control and terminal guidance, conduct downed aircraft search and rescue, and are experts at sling load operations. They generally operate in small teams (often as few as 2 men) deep behind enemy lines with only their personal small arms as security (and any air support they can raise on the radio!). Since my days, we also trained to be used from these locations to call in helicopter gunship and fixed wing attacks against high-value targets.

Sorry, had to brag.

Semper Primus--Always First!

• Sponsors (?)