finally got my mods done and DYNO tuned!

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
i finally got my car back today. it feels great! numbers seemed to be right on. just to let you gys know incase you dont know what i had done.

rear/axles/eaton/3.73gear. also stage 2 heads and custom blower cams.

the blower cams costed me some power, but got to prepair for the future.

275rwhp...299rwtq. dyno jet incase your wondering.

did before and after dyno, heres how the #'s stack up.

rpm before after

3200 145hp/236tq 152hp/250tq

4000 210hp/274tq 225hp/295tq

4500 233hp/274tq 256hp/299tq

5000 241hp/253tq 271hp/285tq

5500 232hp/220tq 275hp/261tq

5900 221hp/193tq 269hp/237tq

overall im very satisfied. :nice: there was no loss of low end hp or tq. there were gains all the way across the board!

i do feel some surging from the cams at around 1700rpm- 2500 rmp. noticeable in first and second gear more then higher gears. is this normal with cams? this is my first time having cams.

• Sponsors (?)

ADRENLN said:
i finally got my car back today. it feels great! numbers seemed to be right on. just to let you gys know incase you dont know what i had done.

rear/axles/eaton/3.73gear. also stage 2 heads and custom blower cams.

the blower cams costed me some power, but got to prepair for the future.

275rwhp...299rwtq. dyno jet incase your wondering.

did before and after dyno, heres how the #'s stack up.

rpm before after

3200 145hp/236tq 152hp/250tq

4000 210hp/274tq 225hp/295tq

4500 233hp/274tq 256hp/299tq

5000 241hp/253tq 271hp/285tq

5500 232hp/220tq 275hp/261tq

5900 221hp/193tq 269hp/237tq

overall im very satisfied. :nice: there was no loss of low end hp or tq. there were gains all the way across the board!

i do feel some surging from the cams at around 1700rpm- 2500 rmp. noticeable in first and second gear more then higher gears. is this normal with cams? this is my first time having cams.

nice, you got this done at Radical in Atco?
PM me a price for what they charged you for install of heads cams and dyno tune..thanks.

I don't know, I still think you should have ended up with a lot more than that. Maybe not significantly more but... just more I guess. You have generally the same mods as I do but, you have heads, cams and a tune where as I don't and there is a 6rwhp difference. Was it a hot day or .. ? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to knock your numbers, just trying to figure them out.

no hear you, i dont think the numbers are great compaired to some. i chalk it you to a couple of things.

headers...i need to open that up now so the air can flow better. im sure ill gain around10hp if i go l/t. still dont know

tune...is very conservitive.

break in... i hears from a couple of people that after the cams and springs break in i should get some more hp. there was no break in. they were installed and thrown on the dyno. i dont know if this is true though.

dynos.....they are just too different.

Redfire03GT said:
I don't know, I still think you should have ended up with a lot more than that. Maybe not significantly more but... just more I guess. You have generally the same mods as I do but, you have heads, cams and a tune where as I don't and there is a 6rwhp difference. Was it a hot day or .. ? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to knock your numbers, just trying to figure them out.

how did you get 269 rwhp with a stock 03 gt? What mods if any do you have, I would like to do as much as possible without getting into the engine itself. If I could bump my 04 gt 5 spd to around 300 at the crank with only bolt-ons that is what I would like to do. Any advice on that?

Thanks
Jason

2004 GT 5 Spd bone stock (maybe K&N, haven't checked just got car 2 days ago)

NICE #s. And yea I think its the cams thats holding you back. This oother guy just posted a thread here and made 308RWHP/311RWTQ with stg 2.5 heads and VT stg 1 cams. I make 274/292 with VT stg 1s and no longtubes...and I didnt even have my electric waterpump on at the time of the dyno (+6-9RWHP). As for other peple putting down simular #s W/O cams...I dont believe it would be close if the dynos were done on the same day and same dyno. Some people have put down 250 on 1 dyno and go to another and put down 280. SOME dynos are just off lol.

jposthauer said:
how did you get 269 rwhp with a stock 03 gt? What mods if any do you have, I would like to do as much as possible without getting into the engine itself. If I could bump my 04 gt 5 spd to around 300 at the crank with only bolt-ons that is what I would like to do. Any advice on that?

Thanks
Jason

2004 GT 5 Spd bone stock (maybe K&N, haven't checked just got car 2 days ago)

I never said my car was stock. My mods are listed in the "My Garage" link, there's also a link in my sig, if I remember correctly.

Also, on a side note, I had it dyno'd at 2 different places on the same day to check it's consistancy. Just because there was some controversy concerning it. I wish I still had the sheets but I had lost them when I moved. When I get a few more things done, I'll get it dyno'd again. Trying to break 300 w/o heads or cams :p

when i click on your mods link it dont work for me so i cant see what you have.

my numbers arent as high as some, but i listed why i think that is.

however on top of that your numbers are unusually high. i guess you got a good one. :nice:

i think if i added l/t ill gain about 10 more hp/tq that would put me at 285/310 i think that is pretty good. many of the cam and head numbers i see on here that are higher then mine, all the guys have l/t. i dont have them yet.

C&L Plenum
C&L True Flow Pipe
C&L 85mm MAF
BBK 75mm TB
Steeda U/D Pullies
Steeda T/A @16deg.
MAC ProChamber
Weld-in 1 Chamber Flows

Stock H/C/I, Stock Headers, Stock Tune

I have since taken out the Steeda T/A due to rediculous gas prices ($3.07+ a gallon) Although those were my mods at the time of my last set of dyno's. I'm now working the suspension a bit before I go to the track for some numbers.

I imagine that its just one key element you're probably missing, whether it be LT's or some thing else. But you most likely have a nice cork some where that.. once you free it up, you'll get some nice numbers. :nice: