Finally got to the Track Tonight 5.0 vr EVO

Well, it's been a long time sinse I've been to the track, 2 years. Man I forgot that it pretty much as good as sex. I said I would have a video of me beating my brothers EVO but unfortantly all I have is pics and he ended up beating me by .65 sec. Sucker....... I totally bogged the car down it sucked. The best of three runs is not that impressive at 12.866 @ 111.22 with a 2.083 60 ft. I was suffering from the inability to launch my car and traction problems with MT E/T Drag 26x8.5x15 slicks. Couldn't get the pressure right but there's still plenty of summer left!! Here's some pictures, sorry about the quality, girlfriend had the camera.

100_0324.jpg

100_0323.jpg

100_0331.jpg

Here's the EVO......329.44 Horsepower to the wheels.

100_0318.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0324.jpg
    100_0324.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_0323.jpg
    100_0323.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_0331.jpg
    100_0331.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_0318.jpg
    100_0318.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Sponsors (?)

Evo's are nice, but its a Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi has never been known to build a transmission, drivetrain, etc. that lasts. You put enough horsepower through that engine and you can run the risk of shattering that drivetrain nicely. Are they good cars? Yeah, you won't find many cars that handle like an evo. Then again you won't find many cars that look like an evo, and believe me its an acquired taste espescially if you've grown up around muscle all your life. You have to give it to the japanese though, they certainly know how to obtain power from smaller engines.

Not to mention, for every $1 you spend to gain more more horsepower, that evo spends probably $15-$20. Use that to your advantage.

d50tt said:
Evo's are nice, but its a Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi has never been known to build a transmission, drivetrain, etc. that lasts. You put enough horsepower through that engine and you can run the risk of shattering that drivetrain nicely. Are they good cars? Yeah, you won't find many cars that handle like an evo. Then again you won't find many cars that look like an evo, and believe me its an acquired taste espescially if you've grown up around muscle all your life. You have to give it to the japanese though, they certainly know how to obtain power from smaller engines.

Not to mention, for every $1 you spend to gain more more horsepower, that evo spends probably $15-$20. Use that to your advantage.

$$$$ Yeah he had Cams installed a few weeks ago at AMS $$$$ don't know how much. Has 16k mile on the car and is planning on replaing the clutch.....guess how much................$1600-3600 for the clutch alone not including intstall depending on how much HP you want it to hold. He's got the money though.................Future pics of his 85 camaro with fully forged 355 and 671 Weiland Blower Project, probably not this summer though, just got the engine back this week. Lucky guy also has a '96m Impala juiced with 575 hp. Needless to say he's a chevy guy.

Not to mention, for every $1 you spend to gain more more horsepower, that evo spends probably $15-$20. Use that to your advantage
evo area not hard or expensive to get fast.
the new ones dyno at 270hp and tq at all 4 wheels STOCK.
thats impressive, when we are getting 200hp stock if we are lucky :(
they can low 13, high 12 pretty much stock, adn give them $20 for a boost controller, and they pump some race gas, and they are running low-mid 12's.
a full exhaust for an evo will run you about $500-600 and thats good for about 40 hp at least. but then you hit a brick wall, and have to spend alot of money to get out of the high 11's. and a act 2900 clutch for and evo is under $500, and thats good for high 10's low 11's lol.
i know a buddy that has an 04 evo w/ a t3/t4, and hes at 480 awhp, but hes on his 3rd transmission.
my last car was a 90 eclipse gsx, it was cool, i went 12.4 @ 108 w/ a 1.6 60'
they are fast, but not nearly as reliable as a mustang, on the dsm i broke 3 axels, but then again i was doing all that on a 160,000 mile tranny :)
flatout, i like mustangs better, they are alot funner to cruise in, but dsm's are cool to, and i have much respect for them, and before my blower, i would plan on loosing every time i pulled up next to one. but i prefer not waiting 4k-5k for my power

FSTRDNU said:
evo area not hard or expensive to get fast.
the new ones dyno at 270hp and tq at all 4 wheels STOCK.
thats impressive, when we are getting 200hp stock if we are lucky :(
they can low 13, high 12 pretty much stock, adn give them $20 for a boost controller, and they pump some race gas, and they are running low-mid 12's.
a full exhaust for an evo will run you about $500-600 and thats good for about 40 hp at least. but then you hit a brick wall, and have to spend alot of money to get out of the high 11's. and a act 2900 clutch for and evo is under $500, and thats good for high 10's low 11's lol.
i know a buddy that has an 04 evo w/ a t3/t4, and hes at 480 awhp, but hes on his 3rd transmission.
my last car was a 90 eclipse gsx, it was cool, i went 12.4 @ 108 w/ a 1.6 60'
they are fast, but not nearly as reliable as a mustang, on the dsm i broke 3 axels, but then again i was doing all that on a 160,000 mile tranny :)
flatout, i like mustangs better, they are alot funner to cruise in, but dsm's are cool to, and i have much respect for them, and before my blower, i would plan on loosing every time i pulled up next to one. but i prefer not waiting 4k-5k for my power

On the street they got us all day man, unless you have a real nice suspension set up and slicks.

Your talking about a car with 1980 smog era technlogy racing a much more modern car. Todays cars compared to Foxbody technology in reality puts our cars just one step ahead of the Carbed motors and only two steps from the stone age.

Here's how I look at it, the Mustang though even if slower, is much more a beast to drive. Even when your just cruising or even sitting there idling in traffic, it's wicked while the EVO is just a Lancer until it is being pushed. I wouldn't mind having one of them though. What I know about Mitsubisi though, no I would not want to own one.