• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-

Finding a project car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mach1Run
  • Start date Start date Dec 28, 2004

Mach1Run

New Member
Jun 25, 2004
333
2
0
Wylie, Texas
Dec 28, 2004
#1
  • Dec 28, 2004
  • #1
I am thinking about getting a early mustang that I can build up. Something I can learn on But I cant seem to have any luck finding a project type car. All I see are restored or semi-restored cars costing 4500+. All I really want, I think, is a good frame and relatively rust free body so I can choose the other bits that I want. Doesnt matter to me if it runs or not because I think when I get there I gonna wanna put my own engine in.

Is this the right way to go about it or am I off? And whats the best way to get something like this?

I live in the Dallas TX area and what I wish I could find was someplace like, http://www.mustangautosalvage.com/ but no luck yet. =/

Any advice / ideas?
 

jadesville

the polarbear conservation corps protects a polarb
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 8, 2003
2,189
0
47
Gresham, OR
Dec 28, 2004
#2
  • Dec 28, 2004
  • #2
How about ebay?
 
C

cstang68

New Member
Apr 4, 2003
31
0
0
San Diego
Dec 28, 2004
#3
  • Dec 28, 2004
  • #3
I've always had good luck with www.recycler.com for finding cheap cars.
 

66 BLAKE 96

Native Texican
Founding Member
Feb 16, 2001
4,810
0
0
Cowtown
Dec 28, 2004
#4
  • Dec 28, 2004
  • #4
You've got the right idea looking for a car with the least amount of rust possible. I've seen good condition coupes that drive (but would still be good candidates for work) go for well under $4K in the classified section of www.dfwstangs.net
Plus, it'd be local so you can check them out in person.
 

MCABOSS

Founding Member
Oct 18, 2002
245
0
16
BREMERTON, WASHINGTON
Dec 31, 2004
#5
  • Dec 31, 2004
  • #5
project car

There is a project BOSS 9 in France - needs to come home!

http://www.boss302.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=12&TID=12849
 

jadesville

the polarbear conservation corps protects a polarb
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 8, 2003
2,189
0
47
Gresham, OR
Dec 31, 2004
#6
  • Dec 31, 2004
  • #6
Theres also a couple of boss 302 projects on ebay, one is located 10 minutes from me
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
top loader transmissions
  • WilliamJCC.
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
152
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 6, 2026
70mstang
M
Inheriting (and likely restoration of) a 1965 Mustang
  • miniwheats235
  • Feb 17, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
355
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Feb 19, 2026
Realmongo
D
What's it Worth? 76 Cobra 2
  • dulcimerbob
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
13
Views
340
What is it Worth?!?!? Sep 12, 2026
dulcimerbob
D
G
Hello and Instrument Wiring
  • GT Jon
  • Jul 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
150
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 6, 2026
Mustang5L5
Opinions on a possible project car w/ pics
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech
Replies
10
Views
362
2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech Mar 30, 2026
Teen'93stang5.0
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?