First time mustang owner

Tadams1448

May 8, 2024
Kansas
Hey all, recently picked up my 80 mustang, 3 speed auto with the 3.3L I6, and shes been a pain the in ass so far. Ate up 2 batteries and 3 starter solenoids. But im in love with her looks. Everyone ive talked to is suprised to hear a 20 year old owning a car double his age but I couldn’t pass up a fox for $800. Just wondering if i could get some general tips on ownership and what yall have found works best for these cars. Thanks

Attachments

• camphoto_824023566.jpeg
    camphoto_824023566.jpeg
    872.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Sponsors (?)

Thats the thing about these low hp engines, they dont make enough power to shake themselves apart, but man it makes me a little sad
Yeah, they were built for mileage and durability, the head is the biggest problem, racers (back in 'the day') grabbed a Volvo (I think) or a Barra head but don't know any details.
get it running and driving and look for a deal on a 5.0 push rod engine.

Yeah, they were built for mileage and durability, the head is the biggest problem, racers (back in 'the day') grabbed a Volvo (I think) or a Barra head but don't know any details.
get it running and driving and look for a deal on a 5.0 push rod engine.
It will run and (somewhat drive), need to readjust the carb, but im definitely looking for a 5.0 and k member because if im reading this right the i6’s wont work

Reactions: 1 user