Fixin my Ponies

PhillyPony50

May 1, 2005
I have a 91 GT convertible with 4 lug ponies. The only problem is the previous owner must have not known how to parallel park becuase 2 of the wheels are curb rashed to hell! My question is would it be worth getting them repaired or just buying new ones? I would want to have the curb rash taken care of and have the wheels painted and clearcoated.

Love this forum:SNSign:

Oh...and if anyone is around the Philly area, know of any good shops to do this?

• Sponsors (?)

There was a thing somewhere about using JB weld to fix curb rash on a wheel that's going to be painted anyways.... This sounds pretty ghetto but we've actually done it. As long as the wheel isn't cracked or anything like that, you can use JB weld to fill in the rough spots, and then once it's dried you can sand it down so it's flush with the rest of the wheel. If you do it right and don't half ass it, and then repaint the wheels, NOBODY will know it's there but you.

The ONLY problem with this is when you go to get tires changed, since the machine could probably chip the JB off. The wheels we did it on only had curb rash on the outer lip, so the tire machine never touched the JB weld and this wasn't an issue.