ford alarm system?

4.6boy

Jan 17, 2008
when i both my 02 gt the dealer installed a ford alarm system it works great but i just want to know how i could install a louder and completly bypass the cars horn

• Sponsors (?)

4.6boy:

I bet you can install a fog horn and relay (i.e.--to route high power to the new horn) and have the existing horn signal wire come to the other side of the relay. When the alarm trips, the new fog horn sounds.

The tricky part is finding the horn signal wire from the Ford alarm harness. Did they give you a wiring diagram?

HTH,

Chris

Guys, if all you are after is a louder horn, just replace the factory horn. Or wire the fog horn to the factory horn so that both sound at the same time. There already is a relay for the horn. Why double up on relays? The factory horn relay has the current rating to run most anything.

Remember that the GEM is able to honk the horn. The PATS "tells" the GEM to honk the horn with a data command over the car's internal data network. There isn't a separate wire for the PATS alarm. It's electronic now.

wmburns:

Thanks for the good advice (we expect nothing less). :nice:

I figured that 4.6boy was looking for an alarm horn and a courtesy horn from his initial post. That's why I suggested the separate relay and all the associated stuff.

4.6boy:

I like Mr. Burns' suggestion. The single (loud) horn would not be too loud if you give the pad on the steering wheel a quick tap.

Chris

both this tread back just so i didnt have to make a new one. i got a new problem with my alarm. it wont arm and the dome light wont go off. the horn normaly would honk once when i would arm it but now it honks twice and the red light on the dash stays on. i dont think its the door sensors cause if i stay in the car with the key on the acc postion the beeping noise goes away but if i open the door it goes off. anyone have any ideas what this might be. i didnt mess with the alarm its all ford

nope i tryed that i turned the switch all the way to the right and the light still wont go off. the weird thing is that a day after i both the car this happened so i both the car back to the dealer and as soon as i got there evertying went back to normal? it never has happened again in 4yrs unit now.