ford blue: Grabber blue, acapulco (sp) blue?

steel1212

Jun 24, 2004
Frankfort, Ky
I think that acapulco blue is what is considered ford blue right? Well I was looking at metro mustang's site and it didn't have either of these colors as an option for a 65. Anyway does anybody have a pic of a 65 painted grabber blue? Its bright and I think I might like it but I don't want to be a guinea pig :D

• Sponsors (?)

Grabber Blue

Here's my 71 convertible in Grabber Blue. It's probably much lighter than you expected.

Most people called it "Petty" blue at the time. Especially in the 60s before he got the STP sponsorship and took on the red and blue color patterns.

steel1212 said:
I think that acapulco blue is what is considered ford blue right? Well I was looking at metro mustang's site and it didn't have either of these colors as an option for a 65. Anyway does anybody have a pic of a 65 painted grabber blue? Its bright and I think I might like it but I don't want to be a guinea pig :D

Metro has the colors listed according to the year model they were available on. If you go back on their site, and look at the '68 model year, they have a swatch of acapulco blue. Grabber Blue can be found on '69 , '70 page.

ok...

Well, thats a nice color but just doesn't do it for me. So should I go with the guardsman blue that was the original color for that car in 64 or acapulco blue which didn't come out until 67? I'm also going to be putting the stripes on there as well.

My dad used to have a 65 fastback that was a dark blue... but he got tired of it and wanted to try grabber blue.... HE HATED IT! Some cars can wear different colors well, others can't. At least in my oppinion the 1st gen stangs don't look very good in grabber blue.

I would say Guardsmen Blue- I love that color!!

The swede