Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft In A Fox With A Tko600/3550

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
Ok, so I've been trying to sort a vibration out in my car for a while and was pretty sure it was either incorrect pinion angle or driveshaft imbalance. Turns out it was a bit of both. I installed a pair of Steeda double adjustable rear uppers to correct P/A, and with some vibration remaining I went in search of a driveshaft. I wanted an aluminum unit, but couldn't find a listing for a fox with a TKO 600 or 3550 trans that use the 31 spline slip yoke, so I called the good folks at Ford Racing. The man I spoke with told me that a Drive shaft from a 96-04 Mustang or 96-98 Cobra was the same length and 31 spline, so that's what I ordered.

Here's the part #:
2012-08-18_09-24-15_965.jpg

Here's the new D/S compared to the old:
2012-08-18_09-23-02_398.jpg

I'm very happy with it, the car is as smooth as butter now past 100mph, and maybe it's in my head, but I'd almost swear it accelerates noticably faster, even though I shouldn't be able to notice that amount..

I did have to unbolt the back of the H pipe (3 inch) to clear the new driveshaft for installation, as it's larger in diameter, but everthing cleared fine with the car on the ground.

I do recommend this part, I was surprised at the quality... Next upgrade- BOOST!:nice:

Hope this helps someone!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)