Ford won’t program?

So my cars been stuck at a shop more than 3 weeks now because getting parts is hell. Long story short I have a bad pcm. They now have the pcm but it’s not programmed for my car and Ford is saying they won’t program it anymore?????

Can anyone think of a reason why? I’m going to talk to my mechanic then call Ford myself and try to get to bottom of this because it doesn’t make any sense to me our cars aren’t that old.... it’s a 2000 GT

• Sponsors (?)

So my cars been stuck at a shop more than 3 weeks now because getting parts is hell. Long story short I have a bad pcm. They now have the pcm but it’s not programmed for my car and Ford is saying they won’t program it anymore?????

Can anyone think of a reason why? I’m going to talk to my mechanic then call Ford myself and try to get to bottom of this because it doesn’t make any sense to me our cars aren’t that old.... it’s a 2000 GT
Hi,
So, you have it at a shop, a Ford dealer has the EEC & said the “won’t“ program it anymore? Have they programmed if previously?
Is the car stock or modified, are you seeking a bone stock Tune?
Sounds like an issue on their end or they won’t alter something in the program as it’s not bone stock. Did you lose your stock program when a tuner failed, now it won’t pass the RMV inspection without?
For no explanation why I’d go above their heads & find out why if it is a bone stock Program you’re seeking.
Otherwise, a decent tuner in the area can easily create a program for your car using a Bin file & filling in the Vin # and EEC strategy.
If it needs some performance mods I’d have them also take care of that.
You can pick up another EEC for less that’ll work just fine and cost less than a total reflash by Ford which is around 500$.
Good luck!
John

Hi,
So, you have it at a shop, a Ford dealer has the EEC & said the “won’t“ program it anymore? Have they programmed if previously?
Is the car stock or modified, are you seeking a bone stock Tune?
Sounds like an issue on their end or they won’t alter something in the program as it’s not bone stock. Did you lose your stock program when a tuner failed, now it won’t pass the RMV inspection without?
For no explanation why I’d go above their heads & find out why if it is a bone stock Program you’re seeking.
Otherwise, a decent tuner in the area can easily create a program for your car using a Bin file & filling in the Vin # and EEC strategy.
If it needs some performance mods I’d have them also take care of that.
You can pick up another EEC for less that’ll work just fine and cost less than a total reflash by Ford which is around 500$.
Good luck!
John

So it’s just a shop that’s swapping mine cuz it went bad no tunes have ever been loaded as I don’t have enough mods put on to really warrant one. So after digging in information a little more Ford at least the dealer in the area I’d saying that once a computer has been programmed with a vin they will not change the vin number and it is required to be a brand new computer that hasn’t been.

so unfortunately I have to try and send mine out for repair because there isn’t a tuner or dyno shop within 250 miles of here

Try a different dealer. Call first. Is this a new PCM or a used one?

I also believe this can be done yourself using FORScan, but I never looked into it

edit: nope, vin can only be changed with IDS. I would call another dealer.

Last edited: