found a great tire NANKING 245-45-17

mr-mike

Jul 9, 2006
you may laugh but I put a set of 4 Nanking Unidirectional mounted balanced new valves I'm in Florida & hit some heavy rain down here they are great ! cost $375 complete a little loud the first 1000 mikes they have a 51 max PSI handle & brake nice couldnt ask for more ................PS I like a tire with a high PSI rating & I run them high !

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe you got a different tire than I got, but I had Nankangs on my car when I bought it, and they SUCKED. Wouldn't even come close to hooking a bone stock, automatic, 180 hp, NPI GT. Now THAT'S bad. And they didn't last either; 15000 miles and about 15 track runs and they were pretty much toast. Although that is a good price you got them for.

My Nittos are at least 10 times better. Literally.

maybe I got lucky ? I'll check back at 15,000 miles on the high pressure the newer tires they have raised the max on some to 51 max most were 44 .... I have always run them high but down south the roads get hot & pressure can go up 8-9 lbs on a hot road , I'm have set these at 38 for now I also check them every week & give them look see most days I can tell these wouldnt be good up north in snow but for rain the unidirection agressive design they throw the water out giving some safe driving ...... I dont race but like a good tire in rain & braking & these seem great I dont mind switching the front to back every 5-7 thousand miles