From Upper Intake Plenum to Filter

• Sponsors (?)

2002BLGT said:
I have a trickflow plenum , 75 mm edelbrock on the way for my car . far as to filter I have a blower in between , makes it run alot better LOL .

I think I'm gonna stay NA for now. I'm sure it's awesome though. I just want to get the most NA HP I can get with bolt-ons. I'll check out the trickflow.

GraysonGT said:
I think I'm gonna stay NA for now. I'm sure it's awesome though. I just want to get the most NA HP I can get with bolt-ons. I'll check out the trickflow.

summits got it for 139 , C&Ls are like 189 everywhere , too high if you ask me , modulardepot showed more HP gain than C&L with the trickflow while accufab is still top dog , just too high price for me

Accufab plenum+70mm tb, more pricey but looks and performs the best. Still deciding on filter to TB. Heard too many horror stories about moving the mass air and screwing up their A/F ratios. Don't like the metal CAI's because they heat up. Densecharger sounds OK, but seems a little expensive for PVC and questionable added performance. So right now I'm running the good old stocker to a drop in K&N with the silencer pulled.

I still haven't made it back to the dyno to get the C&L MAF setup A/F situation tuned, so in the meantime I've replaced it with the OEM MAF (with no noticable loss of power, mind you), and I'm still happy with the current setup - Accufab plenum, Accufab 70mm TB, C&L Trueflow pipe. :banana:
C&L%20and%20Accufab.JPG

twogts4us said:
I still haven't made it back to the dyno to get the C&L MAF setup A/F situation tuned, so in the meantime I've replaced it with the OEM MAF (with no noticable loss of power, mind you), and I'm still happy with the current setup - Accufab plenum, Accufab 70mm TB, C&L Trueflow pipe. :banana:
C&L%20and%20Accufab.JPG

Nice picture. I have the same set up, except my Accufab tb and plenum is 75 mm. I know that the 70 mm did better on an otherwise stock stang, but I was not planning on staying otherwise stock. I was really pleased with the C & L TrueFlow Pipe. It made a noticeable difference in acceleration. You only need to look at the stock intake pipe to see why. I haven't changed out the MAF yet because I hear that it is good for 300 rwhp.

Dark Knight GT said:
I just now thought of something. Seriously, why does'nt someone port and polish the inside of these aftermarket plenums and see if there's any more gains to be had ? Just a thought.

I thought about it, But I really don't feel like spending 20 more dollars on bits. I might do it and see though.

01mgvert said:
Nice picture. I was really pleased with the C & L TrueFlow Pipe. It made a noticeable difference in acceleration. You only need to look at the stock intake pipe to see why.

Thanks! Yep, the OEM rubber hose (with it's accordian design and large dent on the underside near the TB) is a piece of crap. The C&L TrueFlow Pipe is HUGE and all aluminum (which is a poor conductor of heat :nice: ) :D :D :banana:

Yes, aluminum is a fairly good conductor of heat and many computer (electronic) heatsinks use it to cool chips.
(Higher number == better conductor of heat)

Aluminum 2.165 W/cm-K
Copper 3.937 W/cm-K

And, just for example, Air is .0003 W/cm-K and Glass is .008 W/cm-K and a Phenolic Spacer (ie. Throttle body or carb spacer) is .002 W/cm-K

Riley

Thanks for the recommendations. My next upgrade will be a Pro5.0 Shifter. It looks like I'll save my dough (could take a while) for the Accufab Plenum with 75mm TB and the C&L Trueflow inlet pipe with stock MAF. I have no idea what my current RWHP/RWTQ is :shrug: , but with my current setup and proposed mods, what kind of RWHP/RWTQ do you think I'll make. :shrug: