• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Front O2 Sensors Wires Color 99 Gt

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yaqoub
  • Start date Start date Feb 15, 2018
Y

Yaqoub

New Member
Feb 13, 2018
5
0
1
Feb 15, 2018
#1
  • Feb 15, 2018
  • #1
Hi Guys, I am in progressing of swapping 5.4l DOHC engine in 99 mustang gt. I am canceling the rear O2 sensors. So I got confused which wires go to the front sensors. Now I have 4 wires and 2 sensors. Each wire have different color. How do I know which go to which? does anyone know? Thnx
 

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
Feb 16, 2018
#2
  • Feb 16, 2018
  • #2
Just wondering. You are aware that each O2 sensor is supposed to have (4) wires right? Two are for the O2 heaters and two are for the O2 sensor itself.

If interested in getting a full copy of the Ford service manual with wiring diagrams I maybe able to help. PM if interested.
 
Y

Yaqoub

New Member
Feb 13, 2018
5
0
1
Feb 16, 2018
#3
  • Feb 16, 2018
  • #3
Yes I am aware of that. Sorry. I meant the o2 sensors plugs, not wires. There are 4 plugs (piggy tail) FORGIVE MY BROKEN ENGLISH. coming out of the harness to the 4 sensors. How do I know which plug go to which senaor?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

L
Electrical problems with passenger side downstream o2 sensor
  • Lexiii12
  • Sep 14, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
69
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Lexiii12
L
A
P0036 P0056 P0137 P0157 2020 Ford Mustang GT
  • AmkoA
  • Jun 16, 2026
  • 2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
0
Views
222
2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk Jun 16, 2026
AmkoA
A
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
166
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
L
2004 Mustang Oxygen (O2) Sensor Issue
  • letumeternum
  • Dec 30, 2024
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Lexiii12
L
M
Help! 2003 GT misfire when hot
  • Modular03
  • Feb 10, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
502
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Feb 13, 2026
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?