Fuel Pressure Gauge Not Moving....

jrp27540

Sep 9, 2016
I am trying to turn down the fuel presure on my 88 LX. Its cranked up way too high. The car currently has a BBK fuel pressure regulator with a JEGS fuel pressure gauge attached to it(pic below). As I adjust the regulator, the fuel pressure gauge is not move at all. Could this gauge only be reading the pressure from the pump to the regulator? My car does not have a schrader valve(guessing someone removed it at some point?), so im not sure what other options I have to checking the fuel pressure if this gauge wont work.

Could the gauge/pressure regulator be bad if this gauge should be reading the fuel pressure?

IMG_0253.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Give some specs on the engine combination, I am wondering why no Schrader valve, thinking you know where it is located, not stock fuel lines? What pressure is the gauge reading?
Likely the gauge, they don't like to hang around on the engine, also a fire hazard but maybe not on an aftermarket pr.

Schrader valve should be karthief, post: 9014150, member: 212091"]Give some specs on the engine combination, I am wondering why no Schrader valve, thinking you know where it is located, not stock fuel lines? What pressure is the gauge reading?
Likely the gauge, they don't like to hang around on the engine, also a fire hazard but maybe not on an aftermarket pr.[/QUOTE]

Don't know much of the history of the car other than it has had a lot of things changed/removed on it. Bigger fuel pump, 24 lbs fuel pressure, Ford explorer upper/lower intake, e303 can, deleted A/C, MAF conversion, deleted smog, 70mm throttle body, and other ignition mods.

Guage reads right under 50 lbs when car is on. Guage does not move when I unplug the vac line. I think I can tell the fuel pressure changing as the car ran worse after I jact with the regulator.

The Schrader valve should be behind the alternator on the passenger side, but both fuel lines are slick as a whistle with no valve all the way up and down to the fuel release line conectors.

Regretting that I bought this car. Been fighting it since day 1.

Fight the good fight my man, nothin a little persistence and patience can't resolve.
So gauge does not move, does it return to zero when you turn off the engine?
Not knowing what year your car is is a stumbling block, I can only assume that we are not dealing with a pruis, give us a run down of what you know about it. And maybe some pics, people here seem to like pics, car, engine and any furry animals that maybe lurking around.