Fuel Prssure Issue. need help

boydroush

Oct 1, 2009
Hey whats up guys. Im new here. I have a fuel pressure problem. My fuel pressure duty cycle will not go past 50% performance. once it hits 50 the fuel pressure starts dropping at WOT(at about 4000rpm). I cant get it fully tuned because of this issue. the Duty cycle should perform up to 100% to maintain fuel pressure at about 39lbs. I have a boost a pump, 42 lb injectors, focus pump. let me know what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

More information please

+1 on the fuel filter. Good idea to start with a known good unit. Anything that is restricting flow could cause cavitation.

What year? Returnless or return fuel system? Forced or NA? What about your mods?

Forget about the duty cycle for a moment. What is the actual fuel pressure doing under load (esp as related to boost)? Where are you getting the intake manifold reference vac from?

Do you have a Kenne Bell BAP? If so, can you explain how it is set up and adjusted? What is the BAP doing?

Not much information to go on.

If the duty cycle truely is the problem, think in terms of pressure feed back. For example, if you are at the limits of what the fuel pressure sender can read(voltage wise), this could cause the system to not command more fuel.

Anyway, just quessing at this point. :shrug:

fuel pressure issue

hmmm. didnt think about the fuel filter. Ill check it out. The fuel pressure is between 39-41 i think, up till i hit about 4000-4500 rpm and then starts droping to 24-26 range. My voltage is a little low. im at about 13.4. it has been a while since i played with it. Wells heres another factor. I had the same setup with a factory motor. it was running fine and was able to tune. I then swapped motors and bolted everything back on. When i tried to get the new setup tuned, they didtnt want to tune past 4000 rpm cause thats when fuel pressure droped. Do you think i may have crosssed vacume lines or would that not make a difference ? The vehicle is a 2003 gt, w/ 42lb injectors, saleen supercharger and minor bolt ons. i do have the battery located in the trunk but a i ran a 2gauge to the front and ran a separate cable to the starter.