Fuel pump issues need help got stranded twice in one night

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
OK I replaced my stock GT tank and hat with one from an 03 cobra. We'll i also replaced the 03 cobra pumps for SVT focus pumps. I then bought some very expensive gates in tank fuel line hose and connected it all together, and it has worked great for a couple months now. We'll here is the issue. I rarely ever go WOT but i was showing my friend the power of the car. I floored it all the way to 140mph, then i slowed down by letting of the gas, after this i drove for another 2-3 miles, Then i loose fuel and get stranded on the side of the road. I had another friend bring my tools, and i dropped the tank and found of the fuel line hoses off one fuel pump. So i reconnected it. I then floored it again, Same thing happened. I just fixed it again, but now I'm afraid to even drive the car knowing that it might happen again. (this has happened in the past 3-4 months ago and its coming back again) I dont know what to do, I noticed that none of the mustang fuel pumps came with a lip on the fuel pump to help prevent it from slipping off. What can i do to fix this, Has anyone ever had this issue? I'm using small t-bolt clamps that i bought from kragen, Should i get one that goes super tight? The hose is only 3/8

I'm pushing 18psi to the engine. What can i do to fix this???

The hose clamps im using look just like these. I have these tightened down to the max and they still slip off at WOT
http://www.compperformancegroupstor...&Product_Code=NS6753&Category_Code=FuelClamps

• Sponsors (?)