Fuel Pump to fuel filter line?

dcurtis

10 Year Member
Jan 19, 2006
Where can I get a replacement fuel line that runs from the fuel pump (in tank) to the fuel filter? My line somehow rubbed the right rear tire and now has a few small pin holes in it. Rather than just repare the line I would like to replace the thing.

• Sponsors (?)

Would some good high pressure rubber tube work and just do away with the stock clips and use a couple hose clamps on both ends?

It could be done, but I wouldn't recommend it. You want to use as little rubber as possible in a high-pressure fuel system. You *might* be able to get away with using fuel injection hose (make sure it specifically states "fuel injection" on the hose, it's not the same as regular fuel hose) connected by a couple of brass barbed fittings with two hose clamps on each end.

Otherwise, you're best off getting a length of steel fuel line and renting/borrowing a double-flare tool, then bending the line yourself and splicing it in. Nylon fuel line will also work and might be easier to work with, but obviously won't be as durable as steel.

I'll be needing to do something like this, myself, when I go deleting the external fuel pump and relocating the fuel filter back up above the axle when I go to throw a dual exhaust on it sometime. (Darned CFI setup with its two pumps and weird filter placement... :fuss: )