fuel tank leak.!!!

my tank is leaking fuel right from the neck that goes up to the gas cap.! how the hell do i even begin to fix this issue..lol..im wasting gas...evrytime i get out of my car i smell a really strong odor. its coming from the passenger side right under the tube. help.!!!!!!:eek:

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, mine has also just started doing this. But it only does it if I fill it all the way up, and even then, it will only last for 10 or so miles. So I just don't fill it all the way up. Although I would still like to know how to fix it.

-Will

my tank is leaking fuel right from the neck that goes up to the gas cap.! how the hell do i even begin to fix this issue..lol..im wasting gas...evrytime i get out of my car i smell a really strong odor. its coming from the passenger side right under the tube. help.!!!!!!:eek:

You need a gas tank filler neck grommet. Over time they get brittle and crack. You'll have to lower the tank to replace the grommet. Not very hard really, just be sure to run the tank down to nearly empty when you do it. Makes all the difference in the world!

Posted via Mobile Device