• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech

G-Tech?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mach428
  • Start date Start date Dec 17, 2003

Mach428

New Member
Dec 7, 2003
321
0
0
Dec 17, 2003
#1
  • Dec 17, 2003
  • #1
I was just wondering if any of you had a G-Tech, if so I have a couple of questions. Is it acurate? Is it hard to install? How much was it? Where did you buy it?
 
T

tire

New Member
Dec 4, 2003
37
0
0
Dec 17, 2003
#2
  • Dec 17, 2003
  • #2
I've seen them on ebay for about 40 bucks. They are fairly accurate, but don't go around saying, "I ran a XX.XX@XXmph!" or someone will call you out on it. I hear they're fun to mess with though!
 

GREENBIOCH

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,241
0
0
In an Igloo
Dec 17, 2003
#3
  • Dec 17, 2003
  • #3
The newer models are very accurate, but the trap speeds are not. Idon't know about the old model, they aren't temp. compensated and they only have two axis not three. So I wouldn't thinkthey are as good but both the new and old version will give you an idea of how much you gained from a mod.

I bought my Gtech Comp at a local speed shop, since I'm in Canada it Cost me ~$400. It would have been around ~$250 US.
 

5-SpeedStallion

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2002
230
0
0
Tampa, FL
Dec 17, 2003
#4
  • Dec 17, 2003
  • #4
You can get the old ones on ebay for $36. I like mine for a general idea, but I wouldn't consider it to be EXTREMELY accurate. Maybe I'll try it out tomorrow night when I go to the track... see how accurate it REALLY is ONCE AND FOR ALL.
 

98CobraClone

New Member
Feb 28, 2003
592
0
0
Ripley, Ohio
Dec 19, 2003
#5
  • Dec 19, 2003
  • #5
Mach428 said:
I was just wondering if any of you had a G-Tech, if so I have a couple of questions. Is it acurate? Is it hard to install? How much was it? Where did you buy it?
Click to expand...

To answer your questions.....it is fairly accurate, if you get the pro-competition model. I don't know about the base model (but it is considerably cheaper) The install is EXTREMELY hard.......just plug it into the cigarette lighter, mount on windshield and go. Just like a radar detector. I got mine for $249 from jegs
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
Fuel P0193 on a 2003 3.8 v6
  • Treemaster5000
  • Aug 18, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
83
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Aug 18, 2026
Treemaster5000
T
D
Exhaust Difficulty of fixing exhaust leak at manifold
  • dqureshi06
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
259
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 28, 2026
General karthief
K
1997 SVT Cobra body swap 1950 Ford
  • Krek
  • Oct 4, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
59
The Welcome Wagon Oct 4, 2026
LILCBRA
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
194
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Electrical Code 29 again
  • Creomod
  • Jul 31, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
290
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 3, 2026
Creomod
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?