Fuel Get me running after sitting 4 years

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys,

Sorry If I’m a little vague on some things here I will provide as much info as I can that are necessary to not make this too long. I have a 93 gt and it has most bolt ons available I don’t think the details matter too much right now. I am mostly looking for advice on the best course of action to get the car running.

Please note this car is in storage and I do not have easy access to work on the car regularly, it has to be a very focused trip with limited time to work on it.

-The car has been sitting for about 4 years, with about a qtr tank of gas in it.

-the car does not start and I’m 95% sure it’s fuel delivery related

-my goal is to just get it running

Here are my questions:

-Should I get the gas out? Considering the price of a new fuel tank is only $100, would it be worth it to just stick a new tank in there with fresh gas?

-or can I get by with just siphoning the gas out and put new gas in it, should I clean the tank? Gas disposal is not easy for me.

-Should I just change the fuel pump if I have the tank down?

• Sponsors (?)

Before I dropped the tank I would just try to get as much of the old gas out as I could and put some fresh in. Put in a conditioner as well like Sea Foam.
My car sat for 7 years before I got it. I did not drop the tank to get it running again. Is the fuel pump priming? The biggest lesson I learned from getting mine going is that you can waste a lot of time and money just coming at this issue with out a good plan. This is a link to an extremely helpful trouble shooting guide. I would strongly encourage you to go through it step by step regardless of what you "think" the issue is. A lot of the time it turns out to be something out in left field that is the actual issue. Good Luck!