Getting Gas Out Of Tank

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
Its Murphys Law that my gas tank is full. I need to drop it in order to replace the fuel pump. Do I need to suffer through siphoning through the filler neck or is there an easier way to use the working, yet faltering pump to push the gas out into a container?

Any tricks or tips that can make the job easier?

• Sponsors (?)

remove the shrader valve from the test port on the fuel rail and hook up a 5ft long piece of fuel hose into a gas can. Disconnect the coil and jumper the fuel pump at the OBD test plug- farthest right of the 4 connectors with the 2 connectors on top- then turn the key to on. It will energize the pump and trick it into running,

remove the shrader valve from the test port on the fuel rail and hook up a 5ft long piece of fuel hose into a gas can. Disconnect the coil and jumper the fuel pump at the OBD test plug- farthest right of the 4 connectors with the 2 connectors on top- then turn the key to on. It will energize the pump and trick it into running,

Cool...that will work. For that matter, I could pump it directly into the tank of another car I suppose.

Anyone got a pic or diagram of exactly which pins to jump? I dont want to screw anything up.

attachment.php

The process worked great. It's amazing how the offspring was more than happy to stand around and dump the gas into their tanks. Anything to grab their attention is ok with me. I stood around myself and gave orders to get it all done. Life is good.