GMP diecast no longer, new name.

skunk21

May 22, 2007
Taxachusetts
The 1:18 Mustang page has hardly worked in the past couple years anyway, I always had trouble navigating the site.

I sold a couple of mine recently (92 GT gray and 87 notch) but got $150 for each so I can't complain. The GT was broken, to boot. I did however just receive my Michigan SSP today, hadn't even been taken out of the box. I figure I have to have that one since I moved here

It's hard to find the GMPs for cheap now. I picked up a lot of mine for $50. Nice to know I could sell them for $100+ if I need cash.

That's $1100+ in toy cars I have sitting in boxes in my closet

I got lucky waiting for the right buyers, I've seen the same models sold before & after mine went (on ebay) going for under $100. I think I saw the gray GMP go for under $80 and it wasn't broken

If any of you have the Team Caliber 2005 Roush, that's worth a bunch too. I sold mine for $140 because I'd gotten a 2011 427R signed and didn't need to clutter up the case. Plus, hey, easy money.

I just checked eBay and not much under $100....some preproduction samples are listed for $200+

Another desirable model is the AutoArt azure blue 03 Mach 1. I guess it's in demand and hard to find. I have one!

Same here, I never heard about it until I tried to find another for a friend. Seems everyone wants it, no one has it. I'm considering listing mine for an insane price and seeing who bites I would be just as happy with a competition orange Mach 1.

Not to hijack or anything but it's been a while since we had a nice diecast thread... Another rarity I've got is an Ertl SA20. As good of quality as many AutoArts, and comes w/removable speedster cover as well as a cloth-covered top. Very slick model. I still kick myself for skipping one I saw at a car show for $20 many years ago. I think I "luckily" found this one for $60 a few years ago. I found through Google that one had sold for $170+ somewhat recently, and that's the only one I can find having been sold. I won't give that one up though, not unless I decide to stop collecting all together. Same goes for my GMP teal Cobra since my girlfriend bought it for me.

I got the '93R( not the steeda got that from ozz) for a great deal awhile back it's hard to get and goes for over $200 now. The yellow feature and dark horse I got for good prices also. I'm glad I picked up both of the twisters, the red one is the hardest color to find and probally will cost alot now. of all the 93 cobras the teal will start a bidding war, I'll gladly hold onto mine. seems people are scrambling for them now, shouldn't have waited

You know what's funny, is I saw the Steeda and Cobra R selling high in the past half year, then saw others go for under $100. Some people are getting lucky selling them, or some are getting hosed

I got my yellow one for "free" when joining the Tom's Garage club, I think it cost $35 when all said and done. Far worth it either way, of course.

Comp orange is easy to find cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTOart-Ford-Mu...st_Vehicles&hash=item256589f186#ht_6457wt_973

But not a single blue one on eBay....weird

Exactly, I'd be glad to sell mine at a premium and replace it with an orange one. The colors don't matter much to me especially if I can make a bunch on what I've got. I'll just use it to buy some different models

I just spent $315 getting two of my Shelby models signed by Carroll Shelby. I have Saleen & Roush-signed models and knew I wouldn't meet Shelby anytime, so for a $150 donation to his charity he'll sign what you send him. So I sent my 67 GT500KR and an 07 Shelby GT. Might sounds crazy, sure, but I figure I paid for it w/the profit on other cars that I've sold. My collection is much more interesting now, IMO, and I had to complete the Mustang tuner signature set

Didn't I get my Yellow convertible from you a few years back?

I think so. Now that I think of it I bought that when it first came out, then got one when I joined the fan club.

Actually Dave...I got my silver '84 SVO from you.....I think thats a 1 out of 1000 car too

Man, I wheel and deal a lot When I sold that one I had minimal room, so I moved it to make room for something else. Now I've got one of those Welly SVOs.

Picture time!

Since this is a GMP thread after all...

And I totally forgot that I picked this up recently w/the profit from the Team Caliber Roush:

AutoART makes some good stuff too. Their cars are very detailed and accurate....just no Foxes.

But they make some good Saleens.... I have this one in my office at work

Attachments

• saleen_y.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 426
I found a local hobby store that has a stash of GMP. I have bought there last 85 red twister, also bought the burgendy drag car, and red 93 cobra for a wedding gift for friend. They are all around $80-90.

Scott

5L5, does your AutoArt Saleen door have trouble staying shut? I have had 3 of them (yellow convertible, white coupe, red convertible which I sold) and all of them had loose doors on one side

I found a local hobby store that has a stash of GMP. I have bought there last 85 red twister, also bought the burgendy drag car, and red 93 cobra for a wedding gift for friend. They are all around $80-90.

Scott

Where's that? I knew of Motor City Collectibles in Dearborn but they appear to have moved/shut down in the past year sometime. Haven't found out any new info and the phone number is inactive. I know there's one up in Novi, which I've been meaning to check out...