Going To Go 3"...how Does This Setup Look?

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
Currently 500rwhp...750-800rwhp when i can afford the dart. 12lbs of boost currently (si-trim)

Street/show car.

1 3/4" longtubes with slip fit collector and v bands (polished ceremic coated), 3" offroad x pipe (universal that ill mock up and have welded), ss electric cutouts, and ss 3" dumps

My heads (11r) have a 2" on center bolt pattern and i was told 1 7/8 might work but will be really tight to get bolted up and the 1 3/4 should be plenty...esp for a street car.

Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Some of the bigger headers come with adapter plates that convert from the standard sbf pattern to the staggered (Cleveland? BBC? Whatever it came on) pattern. Hooker super comps and some kooks for sure do anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
Id rather do stepped than adapter plates i think. I am going to call accufab bc ive heard they make some really nice headers and see what kind of price im looking at.

Anyone see any leak issues from slip on collectors vs welded? Seems like fitting and removal would be 10x easier.

ive heard accufab is hit or miss on fit, as is kooks, which given how much either cost.....

if you want to stay 1 3/4 tube, ive heard the bbk stuff fits pretty good, just have to do some "tweaking" for power (grind some port welds, open up the ball connector or cut it off and weld on a v-band). they may make bigger now too.

Really ive been hearing how good accufab was...they build them based on your setup (heads, block, trans, k member etc)...ill have to look into that more...

Ill check out bbk as well...prefer something i dont have to cut up, weld (v bands) and then have coated but i also want it to fit lol.