Gonna check out this engine.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I texted the guy and he said that it was a mark VIII engine. I want to build myself an engine that will have some power and figured this might be a good start. I'd prob put some PI heads on it and some new cams possibly. I really want to do long tubes but I live in CA :notnice:.I need to find a good smog guy that will let it pass if I do.

Yeah I texted the guy and he said that it was a mark VIII engine. I want to build myself an engine that will have some power and figured this might be a good start. I'd prob put some PI heads on it and some new cams possibly. I really want to do long tubes but I live in CA :notnice:.I need to find a good smog guy that will let it pass if I do.

thats a 4v, no such thing as "PI" on these. there are "b" heads and intakes and "c" heads and intakes.

b heads/intakes are the ones on the 96-98 cobra as well as the mark VIII (cobra engines had forged cranks, mark's did not)

c heads/intakes are what are on the 99-04 cobra's.

intakes from b heads will not swap to c heads and vice versa.

I was under the impression that I could put PI heads on a 4v block for higher compression. Im not going to ever put a blower on it. Idk do you think its a good idea to do Pi heads and some good cams?

I see that a LOT here. People seem to think that because they have a 4.6L DOHC V8 Ford engine that they have a Cobra engine........NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had 2 guys come up to me at auto shops because they see that I drive a Mustang and try to sell me a "Cobra motor", only to find out that they're selling me poorly maintainced 15 year-old Lincoln motors. I make sure to tell them that they aren't Cobra motors.

Yeah I don't know why people do that. I don't know if they are trying to fool people or what but even with my very limited knowledge I knew there was a difference. Anyways if I have time to go look at it this week I'll try to really lowball him and offer him $200. Worst thing he could do is say no.

Sounds good, I just checked out MHS website. If I do get the engine that's prob what I'll do-port the heads. I just want to build something that's fast. I might take it to a track once in a blue moon if I can find one out here, but it will be mostly for daily driving 30 min to work.