Good Experience With My Local Ford Service Department.

echo7

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
FL
The A/C went out the other day; only 4k miles left on warranty, thankfully! Apparently this is common issue with 15 and newer Mustangs? Evaporator fails and needs replacing, be warned! Left it there a week to get it fixed; got a free rental of course.

They also fixed my pony projection lights that had imperfections develop in them. A recall was still open for the door latches and they took care of that as well.

They pinpointed an exhaust rattle in the large resonator right in the middle of the car, but due to my muffler modifications, they can't do warranty work on it. :(

Overall, I was impressed with Ford of Ocala and didn't have to fork over a dime. I'll be looking into getting one of these soon to fix my exhaust rattle. Might as well upgrade if you're going to fix something, right?

http://www.cjponyparts.com/resonator-delete-h-pipe-aluminized-steel-gt-2015-2017/p/RDHP1/

rdhp1_1.1172.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

As a former Master Tech and now Master Service Advisor for Ford, it's always nice to hear a good story. I've been on the service side for a long time and, maybe I'm just lucky to have worked at quality dealerships, but I've never seen the side of them that people like to post on the internet.

It helps to go in there armed with the knowledge of what is actually wrong with your car that way the clowns at the stealership can't pull a fast one. The service dept at my local dealer cringes when they see me coming, I stay on top of my vehicles and know exactly whats wrong with them before I make the trip to the dealer and they can't stand it when I can do their job better than they can.

The A/C went out the other day; only 4k miles left on warranty, thankfully! Apparently this is common issue with 15 and newer Mustangs? Evaporator fails and needs replacing, be warned! Left it there a week to get it fixed; got a free rental of course.

They also fixed my pony projection lights that had imperfections develop in them. A recall was still open for the door latches and they took care of that as well.

They pinpointed an exhaust rattle in the large resonator right in the middle of the car, but due to my muffler modifications, they can't do warranty work on it. :(

Overall, I was impressed with Ford of Ocala and didn't have to fork over a dime. I'll be looking into getting one of these soon to fix my exhaust rattle. Might as well upgrade if you're going to fix something, right?

http://www.cjponyparts.com/resonator-delete-h-pipe-aluminized-steel-gt-2015-2017/p/RDHP1/

rdhp1_1.1172.jpg

My service department locally has been working with me on several paint issues ( trash and bare metal) and nothing but good things to say about them.

Ford on the other hand has been somewhat difficult, but i think we are getting there ( positive thoughts lol)

Glad to hear positive feedback.

As for your exhaust rattle, two things.

I have heard depending on your mufflers the H-pipe drones with certain aftermarket mufflers. X pipe tends to be less prone to drone but also changes the exhaust note so trade off.

Second if you are not installing the exhuast yourself, I would opt for the American muscle version bc its stainless but needs to be spread.

I did have to go back due to a loose passenger side door panel. There was a popping noise and a lot of play in the handle when pulling the door closed. They quickly pulled it aside and fixed it in about 10 minutes while I waited. So even though I had to go back for something missed, they did their best to accommodate me and not waste my time.

Thanks for the advice Black 1987! Also, I forgot to ask about my paint chipping. Will they do anything about it? I feel it's just a really thin coat, which is discouraging since my 2005 mustang had less chips in it @ 110k miles and 7 years.