• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Good headers suggestions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stephen4785
  • Start date Start date Jul 25, 2004

stephen4785

New Member
Dec 14, 2003
321
0
0
Fort Worth Texas
Jul 25, 2004
#1
  • Jul 25, 2004
  • #1
Im planning on putting some headers on my 65 Coupe.I was thinking some tri y's but Iv heard they dont last long.So now Im considering some Macs.Anyone had any luck with either of these?Any other suggestions?
 

skywalker

Member
Dec 22, 2003
733
0
16
Pensacola, FL
Jul 25, 2004
#2
  • Jul 25, 2004
  • #2
Define "don't last long" for me please?

I've personally never used either (though I originally wanted a set of doug thorley tri-y's) but a friend has tri-y's and he's had great luck with them.
 

TireSmoknWindsr

Founding Member
Sep 12, 2002
1,630
0
0
Half past whup'n some import's ass
Jul 25, 2004
#3
  • Jul 25, 2004
  • #3
I must say so far I'm pretty impressed with my Flowtech longtubes. 90 some dollars shipped to my door from Summit Racing...you just have to coat them to keep them from rusting. I'd recommend jet hot. If you wanna spend more money though you can look at Hookers. I love the Hooker headers.
 
P

pyroman

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2002
480
3
18
Ennis, Texas
Jul 25, 2004
#4
  • Jul 25, 2004
  • #4
I've got the Hooker Comps with ceramic coating, I believe they are around $150 w/o the coating and about $330 for the ceramic coating. I have had mine a year, with no signs of wear or rust (there shouldn't be with ceramics). Hope this helps.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
4.6L 4v motor swap
  • DangStitches
  • Jul 24, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
151
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 29, 2026
squeak93
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
213
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
459
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
E
Chasing Vacuum leak 99 GT
  • EBNS_2005
  • May 2, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
219
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 3, 2026
X-cam34
X
Strut Tower Help!
  • 93Nifty
  • Jan 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
28
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 28, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?