good racing motor oil

• Sponsors (?)

snake109 said:
Im lookin at switchin to sythetic. What kind of performance/ high endurance sythetics are out there? And is it okay to switch from mineral to sythetic, do i have to do anything special? Thanks
AMS-oil is fantastic oil,,I run 5W30,,,,I wouldn't go straight to synthetic right away,,I'd go half and half or with a blend for couple of changes before going right to synthetic..

twogts4us said:

Because he probably read it on the internet. Didn't you know that everything you read on the internet is true :D

He is probably thinking about the old myth that synthetics swell seals and cause leaks so maybe by slowly switching over it won't do that :shrug:

I use Mobil 1 5w20.. only thing I've heard which seems to be true regarding swapping to synthetic, is to allow the motor to break in with regular oil, then switch. I switched at 6k, some switch at 100k, blah blah .. works fine.. $4.99 a quart.

I don't buy any myths about switching to "blends" before swapping to full.. I've switched my '04 over, my 130k mi '88, and a 165k Jeep straight from petrol oil to synthetic, no probs.

snake109 said:
so amsoil, havt heard too much about them. how does it compare to mobil 1 and castrol?
Amsoil is loved by those who use it. It is a very high quality oil, but it's also a bit pricey. I use Mobil1, because I'm lazy and want to go to the store, pick it up and put it in my car. Advance ordering/planning has never been a strong point for me. But I wouldn't hesitate to use Amsoil...awesome customer service. Amsoil