Gorgeous Capri

NIKwoaC

中國製造
15 Year Member
Oct 31, 2006
Chengdu Province
I've seen a few posts about Capri's here lately, and my general belief is that they are ugly as sin. Today, however, I came across a Capri that has swayed my standpoint...

Corral Forums - View Single Post - Foxbody Wheel Picture Thread

capri0005.jpg

:drool:

I think half the battle is loosing the bubble-butt hatch. But also, by painting everything black, the car effectively downplays all the ridiculous scoops and scallops, and it really looks sinister. Its like what Batman would drive if he had to sell the winged car.

If you guys have trouble opening that page, give me a shout and I'll post more pictures.

Disclaimer: If the original owner has beef with me posting this, IM me. But I doubt said original owner will refuse a little bit of StangNet praise.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like someone needs a smoke....... ;)

Nice car.:nice: Needs to be lowered a bit imo.

I agree (on both statements).

Personally, I think the all-black wheels look like a** and the aspect ratio of the front tires is too small. That said, it is a set of tires and wheels away from rocking my world as well.

I really like it. If it were mine though, I would get LX exhaust tips, lower it a little, and paint the wheels silver or anthracite. I'm not bashing the car, It's probably the cleanest Capri I've ever seen.

FrankenStang, that was every bit the reaction I was hoping to get from you.

If you read his post I think he says something about rolling the lips and lowering the car. As for the black wheels, I don't think it would look better any other way. Like I said, Batmobile!

Honestly guys...not counting the '79/82 nose cars and the '85-86 cars, i like Capris more than i like Mustangs. They just have a more business first look to them than the Mustang. I'm still undecided as to whether i like the Mustang fender flairs or the Capri fender hips better, but as far as the noses go i think the Capris are just plain old meaner looking, especially compared to the aero years. But that's just me :D

The first one looks badass, it kinda reminds me of S&B's car if it was a Capri. I like the all black wheels on it, but I dont like the wheel tire combo itself.

The bubble hatches kill it for me also, and its has too much glass for my taste. I like the old 'three peice ducktail spoiler' on the hatch.

I wonder what an '87 Capri would've looked like?:shrug:

The first one looks badass, it kinda reminds me of S&B's car if it was a Capri. I like the all black wheels on it, but I dont like the wheel tire combo itself.

The bubble hatches kill it for me also, and its has too much glass for my taste. I like the old 'three peice ducktail spoiler' on the hatch.

I wonder what an '87 Capri would've looked like?:shrug:

Probably something like the headlights of a Merkur with an aero style valance like the Mustang GT got. :shrug:

Hood, scoop, side trim, quarter windows, rear wing, front nose and rear bumper.... I'll be happy..... Oh, and black rims with polished lip. :hail2:
Picture036.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Think I'll skip on teh side exhaust though and mine's already lowered...:banana:

My poor Frankenstang, I wish I could give him his identity back... :cry: