got a starting problem

first backround on the car. 94 cobra 5.0 cai and gears thats it.
139,000 miles 5 spd
ok here's how it started. car was driving fine no issues then one day the car just wouldnt start. i would rock the car back and forth with the car in gear and then try to fire it and it would start. now its to the point that the car just wont start at all.

things that have already been fixed through the process of figuring out this problem.
1. starter. pulled out the old one and one of the starter solenoid bolts fell out so i figured that the bolt somehow fried the starter. such is not the case, still wouldnt start.
2. took old battery to advance tested and it came out to be bad. replaced it still no start.
3. checked + - battery cables all the way from the battery to the starter. found ground wire corroded. replaced it still wont.
4. checked countinuity on the ignition switch in all positions, switch checks out fine.

only thing that i havent checked by the chiltons manual is the neutral safety switch, and the ccrm. i dont think that the neutral switch is bad because i can here a click when i do try to start the car. so that leads to the ccrm. my question is, is there a way to check all the relays in the ccrm by jumpering the relays and if so does anyone have a wiring diagram on the ccrm itself.
thanks in advance. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

94 Cobra 5.0 said:
first backround on the car. 94 cobra 5.0 cai and gears thats it.
139,000 miles 5 spd
ok here's how it started. car was driving fine no issues then one day the car just wouldnt start. i would rock the car back and forth with the car in gear and then try to fire it and it would start. now its to the point that the car just wont start at all.

things that have already been fixed through the process of figuring out this problem.
1. starter. pulled out the old one and one of the starter solenoid bolts fell out so i figured that the bolt somehow fried the starter. such is not the case, still wouldnt start.
2. took old battery to advance tested and it came out to be bad. replaced it still no start.
3. checked + - battery cables all the way from the battery to the starter. found ground wire corroded. replaced it still wont.
4. checked countinuity on the ignition switch in all positions, switch checks out fine.

only thing that i havent checked by the chiltons manual is the neutral safety switch, and the ccrm. i dont think that the neutral switch is bad because i can here a click when i do try to start the car. so that leads to the ccrm. my question is, is there a way to check all the relays in the ccrm by jumpering the relays and if so does anyone have a wiring diagram on the ccrm itself.
thanks in advance. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

So the starter will not even turn when you try to start the car???

You have a cobra I assume, so with your manual transmission...

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/#95-95Diagrams

Go to the alternator diagram and you will see what's going on. I would see if you have 12v+ on the white/pink wire at the starter when you turn the key to start. (assuming you tested and you have 12V+ and - on the big wires at the starter solenoid) If you do, you simply need a new solenoid . If you dont, then you have to trace wiring and see where you lose the 12V. I would start at the ignition switch.
Scott

Also, if you put a jumper on the battery, does it crank?

It sounds like a load issue since you hear a clink when attempting to crank.

Good luck.