Got the 50 impounded lastnight :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
jstang209 said:
No..

How am i an idiot? I wasnt racing like i said, just out there with a bunch of friends watching. On another note i bet a majority of people on here have been to an illegal street racing event. It was out in the boonies with no cars around except for ours, if an innocent bystander got killed? what do u mean? Who the hell is dumb enough to run out in the middle of the street while u see people racing? maybe your the idiot who ran out into the street and got it b4:rolleyes:

Well, sometimes people lose control of their cars and HIT innocent bystanders and you're just as guilty of SUPPORTING illegal street racing just by being there.:nonono: IT'S WRONG. IT'S BAD. IT'S DANGEROUS. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

CAMAROEATER01 said:
maybe stangnet should ban all people who speak of being involved in or around street racing or being pro street racing....i think its time..... :nonono:

I think that is a little rash, streetracing is gonna happy and people will talk about it. I bet you or a lot of people on here have watched streetracing videos at some point. I do agree with most of you a 95mph speeding ticket :nonono: They should of impounded your car right there. All it takes is one thing to go wrong and you could hit a mom and her kids or some old people just any innocent bystandard. Now the "fast and furious" style street racing is just plain dumb, you might as well tell the cops where you are going. As stated above you should of got a ride. IT is your own fault for attending those events, take it to the track somewhere or dont go at all. I will say this again....It only takes one small thing to go wrong to cost someone their life

795.0pacecar said:
Awww Boohoo your track is 75 miles away. Rather than do something completely reckless and stupid like street race, I drive the 95 miles to my local track.
I drove 140 something miles to my local track. lol:D

No excuse, I have stop light raced but that was me and one other car, noone else around. Stop doing stupid ****!

street racing happens and no you cant stop it. people who are watching street racing are not "innocent by-standers" simply because they are watching it. i just take it to a country road with a couple other buddys where no pregnant mothers will be standing-by the road innocently watching a race.

281pony said:
pretty hard to accidentally chirp 20's isint it? :D

Yeah....Ya gotta either be a poor driver, or a dumb driver to chirp TWENTY INCH chrome rims with a basically stock 5.0. Though nobody likes hearing it said, stock 5.0's are NOT quick, then with the huge unsprung weight addition of the 20's, you had to be doin some serious pedal pushin to get them spinning... :rolleyes:

Oh, and the closest 1/4 track to me is 115 miles... minimum drive of 2 hours. Rockingham. Think I'll be there? Heck yeah.

jstang209 said:
honesty since i have gotten them, cops do pull me over ALOT more. They see a lil black kid driving a fast car with spinning rims so they think im a drug dealer. Last year i got pulled over and they searched my car because they said there was an "report" out for a car identical to mines.:bs:

get used to it, cops are *******s

where people used to race up here it was in a section of the city where its all factories and there are roads that lead to them that are miles long, strait, flat, fenced in on both sides, and away from everyone and the cops didnt really bust down that much but there was an accident and now there are speed humps ever 75 yards... lol i just wish i could have ran my car there once

Alright here it is...

I live 120 miles from the nearest track. Yes 120 miles. I have 150 or so track passes (only been driving 5 years) and have never engaged in a street race where I have been stopped, and had someone say go, and run the car full bore through the gears. havent and wont ever do it. I live 15 minutes from one of the biggest car scenes in New England and right near there they have illegal street races as you described (only they do it in the city). I have NEVER set foot near or seen one of these races...

My theory is you need self control. You have to stay away from places like that, not do those things, and if you really have the need, wait a day or two and hit the track. Street racing seems to be for the guys who are afraid of what the tracks gonna tell them... that their car sucks, and isnt all its cracked up to be.

And thats my .02.

jstang209 said:
honesty since i have gotten them, cops do pull me over ALOT more. They see a lil black kid driving a fast car with spinning rims so they think im a drug dealer. Last year i got pulled over and they searched my car because they said there was an "report" out for a car identical to mines.:bs:

Gotta call :bs:

Here's the thing... You were at a highly illegal gathering for a street race. Is there ANYONE on this forum that is currently unaware that the cops are annoyed at this particular activity? Is there ANYONE on this forum that is currently unaware that the cops are targeting this kind of activity? Is there ANYONE on this forum that is unaware that a cop finding you at this activity does not require and excuse to toss you and your car into the slammer? Is there ANYONE on this forum that is currently unaware that if a cop CAN impound your car at a street race event, that he will????

A little common sense goes a long way. Your lack of it, in this circumstance, is what's landed you in this situation. It's not the cop's fault. It's not racial profiling. It's not the 20 inch wheels. It's you.

You are the one that thought it a good idea to attend this event.
You are the one that took your car.
You are the one that attempted to drive away from the scene when the police arrived.
You are the one that got caught and got the smack down for participating in an illegal activity.

It doesn't matter if you were actually street racing or not. YOU provided law enforcement with the window of opportunity to cite you and impound your car. All the cop did was (wait for it)..... his job and you got :owned:

I think it's absolutely incredible that you come into a forum and try to lay responsibility on law enforcement. :nono:

Were I your recruiter, I'd send you out the door with a Walmart application instead of wasting my time running a waiver on you.

theres a place here thats like famous in the south lol. 2 lane road going to the army base. there would be 3000 people out there on a good night. its dead now tho, police used to hide in the sod farms on both sides of the road, wait for them to get 4 or 5 races setup then raid everyone. i can remember the military police watching everyone race tho. was a good place and police would just run ya off......then kids started being stupid, a couple people got killed because of it and now they impound ur ride and take u to jail if u get caught there.

jstang209 said:
How am i an idiot? I wasnt racing like i said, just out there with a bunch of friends watching. On another note i bet a majority of people on here have been to an illegal street racing event. It was out in the boonies with no cars around except for ours, if an innocent bystander got killed? what do u mean? Who the hell is dumb enough to run out in the middle of the street while u see people racing? maybe your the idiot who ran out into the street and got it b4:rolleyes:

I think you answered your own question

I don't go to the street race events at all... It's crazy because the track is only 20 minutes away from here. One kid asked me if I wanted to race him at the street races (empty road)... I asked him to go to the track with me instead, he didn't want to at all... it's only 10 bucks on friday nights (no times) and 20 bucks on the weekend with times. :rolleyes:

Damn those cops for doing their jobs when they should be sitting at the Donut shop. "I was not racing at the time....":notnice: Driving a Stang or no stang anyone street racing should have their car impounded. I would think that with the combo of 95 mph ticket, and this new offense, you may just be getting a little love note from the local license bureau suspending/revoking your license. Quit being a dumba$$ and contributing to this extremely dangerous (to drivers/bystanders alike) activity. Racing belongs at a track, or sanctioned/legal event like posted above. 'Nuff said. Oh and by the way you should be cited for poor taste in wheels as well.
20" chromes on an Escalade=Sweet........20" chromes on a stock Mustang=too poor to be a real pimp so I spent more money on my rims than I did on my car.:bang: Kinda like having a shiny new Corvette sitting outside your trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.