Got traction? I dont! Help.

notchnut

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2001
New England
So I've owned my car for about two weeks and absolutley love it. However I have been keeping it off the boost until I get it to my tuner because of a little bit of detonation at wot, and as we know that's bad. Today however I took my neighbor for a quick ride and let him sample a little american muscle (He's a Suburu guy) after pulling into the street I tapped first and jammed second and just fried the tires, I pedled a bit to keep it away from detonation and even peddling could not stop the wheel spin. Once again down the road I was doing 43mph in second and mashed it, nothing but sideways tire smoke! Cool but I would much rather hook and book. Considering the current tune on this car is ultra conservative I was left wondering what I can do to hook better, especially after i re-dyno tune this beast. My tires are Michelin 315/30/18's in the rear because the rear rims are 18x10.5's and I have not seen a drag radial that would look right on this rim. I'm definitley upgrading my rear upper and lower CA's but what else can I do to hook. I had really no intention on tracking this car but after it's dyno tuned I would like to get a timeslip to post next to it during the car shows next summer. Thanks for any help guys.

Those look sweet, I love the look of the 315's from the rear but those dont look much different. How much a piece? I did find BFG D/R's 315/30/18 but I cant find a price for em yet.

they are close to $300 each, but worth every penny. my car will hook in 1st gear from a 5 mph roll with these and not spin at all between shifts. the BFG's are in the middle as far as traction. Nitto DR's suck, BFG's are good and last a while, MT's HOOK but will only last about 10K

I have the 315/17 nitto 555r drag radials on my T76 03 and no way will I get them again! Good for stock car but andy more power and they will get you in trouble fast! I will give the MTs a try next time if they last 5k I will be happy since it isn't really a DD
Kurt

i'm getting a lot better mileage from the old style MT radials than the new block style. my 18's are at half tread with about 4k. the 15's are still at full tread (6/32) after 1K and 5 track runs, including burnouts!!