Got U/D pulleys and wheel spacers installed today. Happy.

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. I went up to the local shop today to have a set of Steeda U/D pulleys installed along with swapping out some POS AutoZone lock lug kit with Steeda lock lugs and installation of 1.25" Eibach rear spacers. I also had them toss in a new Gatorback belt because I'm pretty sure the factory belt was still in there and it looked rough. I don't feel much difference from the pulley install right now, but I'm watching the gas mileage to see if it is helping. The wheel spacers are kick ass though. I have 9.5" rear wheels with a weird offset, so they sat as far inside the well as a factory wheel. I grabbed some 1.25" Eibach hub-centric spacers off a local seller, and now my wheels sit flush with the fender. I love how my car looks now. I'm kinda pissed I had to pay a shop to do this work, but my driveway is covered in ice, I just got a winter bonus from work, and I hadn't done crap to the car in a long time. I'll get pics as soon as the snow goes away and I can clean the car up a bit more. The touchless near my house does an OK job, but it still looks dirty.

Up Next: GEARS!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The wheel spacers are kick ass though. I have 9.5" rear wheels with a weird offset, so they sat as far inside the well as a factory wheel. I grabbed some 1.25" Eibach hub-centric spacers off a local seller, and now my wheels sit flush with the fender. I love how my car looks now.

:nice: Glad you like them, I like mine too. I got a pair of spacers soon after buying my car in 2002. I couldn't stand the dorky, tucked-in look, so the spacers were one of the very first mods I did. The tucked-in look is FAR worse than the 4x4 look.
:flag:

Snapped a few quick ones outside the shop after getting the wheels re-torqued. Definitely happy with how the rear looks now, and I will admit the motor feels a bit smoother with the pulleys. The butt dyno doesn't really feel an increase, but the motor feels more 'solid' I guess. Can't really romp on it this time of year anyway.

Before spacers:
016.jpg

After spacers:
001-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 001-5.jpg
    001-5.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 003-3.jpg
    003-3.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 76
Well, after riding down a rather bumpy section of highway tonight, I've found that they're rubbing just a little bit on big bumps. I checked the tires, only small scuffs on them just at the base of the tread, but I'm still going to look into rolled fender lips. I had tires on my old 87 that we did a 5 lug swap on get torn to crap by the fender lip.