• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Gt Aftermarket Leather And Stereo

  • Thread starter Thread starter OnlineJeff
  • Start date Start date Aug 9, 2013
O

OnlineJeff

New Member
Jul 16, 2013
16
1
4
Aug 9, 2013
#1
  • Aug 9, 2013
  • #1
I'm thinking about a base 2014 GT since I don't think I can afford a Premium - I may be able to find a 2013 GT Premium for a deal...

Of the Premium features, I'm most interested in what is found in the TECH packages (sync, bluetooth, hands free phone, etc) and the leather seats - I don't really care if its a power seat...

I know that I can add the tech package, but I was wondering the following:

1. Did you add an aftermarket stereo / speakers to your mustang and if so which one?
2. Did you add aftermarket leather and if so, what was the cost?
3. Did you get your vehicle for cheaper than invoice / xplan BEFORE trade in and rebates - if so, how much? I'm trying to figure the wiggle room in the pricing.

Thanks
 
S

stanmckinney

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
1,188
5
49
Aug 9, 2013
#2
  • Aug 9, 2013
  • #2
Changing the stereo is difficult in these models and expensive. Get the premium.
 

ScottyG00GT

Member
May 10, 2003
141
2
19
South-Central PA
Aug 9, 2013
#3
  • Aug 9, 2013
  • #3
I was in the same boat. Check out my separate thread here (hope I added that link right; if not it's only a thread or two below this one). Best I could tell was leather would probably cost close to $2,000, stereo nearly another $1,000, and then I ended up finding a deal, just as you say, on a 2013 Premium. As a special bonus, I ended up with the 401A interior upgrade, which is pretty awesome. Right now Ford offers $2,500 in cash back on a 2013, and if you sign up for a brochure on Ford's website they might send you a $750 coupon for a total of $3,250. And 2013s should be discounted a bit deeper; I paid roughly X-plan pricing before my discount/trade even though my salesman spent some time sourcing and transporting it from another dealer. You might do even better.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
354
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
L
2012 Seats in 98 GT Convertible - pictures coming
  • lparsons42
  • Aug 11, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
318
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2025
lparsons42
L
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
145
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
360
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
P
For Sale For sale: 1995 5.0 GT 5-speed manual transmission, in Bradenton Florida
  • PColasanto
  • Aug 11, 2024
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
12
Views
2K
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Mar 2, 2025
GT4Lyfe
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?