GT-H on ebay

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sabdhi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&fcl=3&frpp=50&fvi=1

$76,000 for a used GT-H rental car???

3500 miles on them...but judging by the looks of the rear brakes...not driven easily.

50687_6a5bd95e-29f6-4c17-baf2-44ad8c4994f1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Not to mention the stripe to the left of the rear plate...looks like somebody tried picking it off with their fingernail. I can't believe the price collecter car or not!!!!! You can get a near 0 mile Shelby GT500 for about $10-15K less than this!!!!! Looking at the option sheet, this was only $8K on top of the GT price($38K). I'd make a clone in a heartbeat!!!!!

It's kind of early for these to be on eBay isn't it?

It's kind of strange to think that some people would really spend that kind of money on a used Mustang, thinking that it'll be an instant classic just because they paid (right now) nearly 100K dollars for it.

It's my understanding they will be auctioned to Ford dealers who will then do with them what they desire.
The prices are crazy. The Shelby GT will probably be the same way. If Ford would set the price and then build all that anyone is willing to buy, all of us would have a fair chance to own one of these cars.

I don’t understand what is so special about these cars. Way over hyped in my opinion. I would much rather take that kind of cash and make my own car.

Yes but that means you are not the type of person who might think of this as an investment. And in a sense I agree I would rather build my own car. But mainly because I can't afford to buy a shelby and have it sit in a garage for 40 years. Not because I don't think it is worth it.
Reality check for anyone. If you could have bought a 1966 GT-H for 3 -4 times it's price back then. Knowing what they are worth now. You would have done it. You would not have said. No I'll build the car the way I want to. These cars may well become another collector car like the originals. They are not mass produced. And while you can build your cars they way you want. It's never going to have the serial number to make it more valuable.

Did a little research. Hertz held a public auction for 4 GT Hs on 11/16. Lowest mileage (the one on ebay) went for 90K. They actually lost money on that car. Cheapest one went for 68K. So I guess Ford dealers don't have exclusive rights to these cars.