Guys with ZEX "wet" kit post here, need help

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
I going to buy ZEX "wet" kit , what else I need except kit, I know I need colder plugs but which one
I heard I have to retart timing, like every 50 shot I have to retard 2* of timing ?
Tell me everything about this kit please

• Sponsors (?)

Slow5.0 said:
bigger injectors WTF i have 24s and 255 high pressure fuel pump with kirban fuel pressur regulator
Here is full my mods

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/Seth5.0/Stang projects/Modifications.jpg

Oh yea Ernie, you are gonna need bigger injectors to run it safely i think. I guess it depends on how big of shot you are planning on though too.

Just get it on a dyno for your a/f ratio and make a setting on the tweecer for just the juice. Your distributor should be at 10* anyway.

Man your fine running a 100-125shot with your set-up. 150 and over is when you want to seriously start thinking of your bottom end becoming cookies. I've seen almost stock modulars, foxes and sn95's run 125shots all day with the only problems i've seen are broken axles and broken b.s t5's (no offense to anyone). Your injectors will hold up and with a 255lph pump the fuel will be there, plus you have a tweecer your fine. I am planning the same before next spring with a similar set-up as you.

cobra dave said:
Man your fine running a 100-125shot with your set-up. 150 and over is when you want to seriously start thinking of your bottom end becoming cookies. I've seen almost stock modulars, foxes and sn95's run 125shots all day with the only problems i've seen are broken axles and broken b.s t5's (no offense to anyone). Your injectors will hold up and with a 255lph pump the fuel will be there, plus you have a tweecer your fine. I am planning the same before next spring with a similar set-up as you.

Thanks guys
BTW I have rebuild T5,aluminum driveshaft and Eaton with Superior 31 spline axles ,I think i'm ready to go

I ran 19lb injectors on 100 shot. Went to 24lbs on 125 shot. I only have a 190 fuel pump and my Zex kit is DRY! You will be fine. Just listen to your motor. If you hear detonation, you are done. Shut off the juice and back the timing down.

Gap your colder plugs at .03-.04 instead of .05 and it will help a lot.

You should be able to run the 75 shot on your normal timing. Doesn't necessarily have to be stock. It just depends on your tune and the fuel you are using. When you go to 100 shot, drop it *2 then another *2 when you jump to the 125.

Also make sure you aren't "TESTING" that 87 octane crap when you decide to spray. :rlaugh: Don't want that stang getting an F on the test. :D

I may have a rock for an engine, but I've heard the detonation at the track, but was racing a camaro and wasn't about to let out. Never hurt anything YET. 170K on the engine and still going strong. :shrug:

gcomfx.com said:
I ran 19lb injectors on 100 shot. Went to 24lbs on 125 shot. I only have a 190 fuel pump and my Zex kit is DRY! You will be fine. Just listen to your motor. If you hear detonation, you are done. Shut off the juice and back the timing down.

The only reason i said he might want to think about bigger injectors is that he has a h/c/i on TOP of his spray. You are still on the stock motor right? But im no pro at it i just thought i would give a heads up.