Has anybody gotten pulled over for having fogs on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBossS197

Aug 29, 2006
Oklahoma
I did last night and just got a warning. I think the cop was just trying to get his quota in. But what gets me is that I've had the car for 9 months and have not had one single complaint. Plus it's just habit when I drive at night. Fogs always go on for me.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats pretty stupid man? What was he thinking...just seeing your car figured ahh, good person to pull over for no apparent reason? Or wanted to get a better look! lol. Give me a break! I'll have to keep an eye out up here in upstate ny now, they'll pull ya over if your tire is low on pressure.

I'm not aware of such a vehicle code. If they are illegal, they wouldn't allow their sale in the state, would they? Maybe the officer thought they were aftermarket "KC" type lights like they use on the Baja 1000 trucks. I've never heard of factory fog/driving lights being illegal.

To oncomimg vehicles they do appear as high beams, I have noticed this before. But they are not too brite.
On the other hand I still dont understand the use for them and did/do not like the look imo. Thats another reason I chose the 6'r. :)

Power4 said:
Do the fog/driving lights point at a different angle than the regular headlights on the GT?

They shine right in front of the front bumper and fill the void between the front edge of the car and where the low beam light starts (if that makes sense).

Still can't believe a cop would hassle someone over the fogs on our cars...

Technically the cop is right...fog lamps are just that...for the "fog" and inclement weather (raining, etc.)...sitting up higher than most "fogs" they almost act as high beam lights...just keep them off unless you really need them...besides the bulbs aren't that easy to replace when they fail.

However, if you're putting them on to "intimidate" other drivers into letting them know you have a GT...then you succeeded...this time you unfortunately "intimidated" a cop. :D
(similar to your horn...just because you have a horn, you don't blow it all the time, do you?)

I got pulled over in our downtown area at night because of my fogs. This is how it went down

Cop: Know why I pulled you over?
Me: No.
C: Turn off your brights please.
M: I don't have my brights on sir.
C: Then what do you call those?
M: Fog lights sir.
C: Why do you have fog lights on then? It's not inclement weather.
M: It was just raining sir.
C: It's not any more. Quit being a smart ass I could be writing your up for this.
M: Yes sir. (click off fogs. drive away)

It was more than retarded. Oh and the constant flashing of high beams by passer by-ers

I always drive with them on at night and I've never had any problems. Nobody has ever flashed thinking they were my high beams, I've even ridden up behind and (slowly)passed a state boy on the interstate with them on and he never pulled me over. I agree they look sweet and is one of the many reasons I got my GT.

kooldawg6 said:
I always drive with them on at night and I've never had any problems. Nobody has ever flashed thinking they were my high beams, I've even ridden up behind and (slowly)passed a state boy on the interstate with them on and he never pulled me over. I agree they look sweet and is one of the many reasons I got my GT.

Everytime i drive mine at night (i always turn the fogs on first as it is getting dark then reg lights as well) at least 1 out of 5 of the morons i pass bright me thinking they are high beams, it is quite annoying. I have passed many a bacon wagon with no effect while mine are on. i bought Cessna landing lights i am mounting where fogs normally go and i am going to turn them on the next time i get brighted by somebody, ha!. Plus they are nice to have if for some reason you want no taillights at night.....

The Fang said:
To oncomimg vehicles they do appear as high beams, I have noticed this before. But they are not too brite.
On the other hand I still dont understand the use for them and did/do not like the look imo. Thats another reason I chose the 6'r. :)
SO that's ANOTHER reason you chose the v6 over the GT ???
you must be kidding !!
Sounds like your looking for excuses for not being able to afford a GT.
You don't have to be ashamed of owning a V6, but you should be ashamed of
trying to justify your choice because of fog lights on the grill.
There's nothing wrong with not wanting to spend an extra 8 grand for a gt.
Just out of curiosity......what are the other reasons.??

I did in my 02 GT going through a small town. I got a warning but since it was Saturday night I think the Cop just wanted to see if I'd been drinking and that gave him a chance to pull me over.

The lesson I learned is if your going to the bar for a few make sure those babies are off!

Status
Not open for further replies.