has anyone changed steering wheels

• Sponsors (?)

thanks 95whitevenom....but the wheel in that mag isnt really aftermarket...i know i...and i think toplessmustang was refering to something like a momo or sparco wheel or something like that..thanks tho...anyone else?

I sent this pm to someone earlier this week, its on the same subject. I didn't feel like retyping it so here it is. Please disregard any information that does not pertain to you.... :p

Hi, sorry I didn't reply earlier. I need to check my PM's more often. The wheel is a lot nicer than stock as the leather is more textured (for grip), its thicker (for grip) and ths smaller in diameter making for quicker turning ratios. However you will need to remove your old wheel and hack off the wiring harness for all the accessories on the wheel, including the horn. Also, it depends on your area as to if removing the airbag is illegal and yes the air bag light will stay on. But if you have a tuner or will be getting a chip burnt, then you can have them phase that out. Me I will have a harness in my car so its not a big deal (airbag), also my cruise control didn't really work and I didn't like to use it anyways. Also, I never used my horn so all this was no biggie for me. You should consider all these things before you get one. As for price I payed about 200 for the wheel and hub plus shipping from MAximum motorsports. If you decide this wheel isnt for you, you may consider the FR500 wheel. I hear good things about that one and you can keep all your stock stuff. Oh and if you have a black interior I have an air bag I can sell you if you decide not to go MOMO.

I'd go with an FR 500 which is sweet. In VA if you remove the air bag its a ticket for "removing a safety controlled device." I put a MOMO on before and couldn't get the airbag chime to go off.