HAS ANYONE DONE THIS????

99GTNOOB

May 30, 2008
FLA
so i know this is kind of bogus but has anyone removed JUST the mufflers from their stock exhaust and drove it like that?? if so does it sound terrible or decent lol

• Sponsors (?)

I had a stock H and no mufflers, stock tailpipes.

Sounded mean as hell and it was pretty loud.

I miss the sound sometimes, it didnt sound like a truck or anything... only if you dont have cats.

I had a stock H and no mufflers, stock tailpipes.

Sounded mean as hell and it was pretty loud.

I miss the sound sometimes, it didnt sound like a truck or anything... only if you dont have cats.

Likewise, as well. I think it sounds pretty awesome. Cats must be the dividing line.

I've never heard a 4.6 with straight exhaust and no Cats.

Anyone have any Vids?

i've done it with stock h and no muffs and offroad h and no muffs,without a doubt it sounds like ****,unless of course you like the sounds of a78 chevy pickup with rusted exhaust.its deff loud thats for sure but you will also lose a ton of low end,the car is going to feel incredibly slow.if your just messing around go for it,i wouldnt suggest it as a permanent thing though.plus all the exhaust gets in the car and when you got girls with you they like to complain about the smell haha.

The mustang in the video sounds pretty good. I would do it if I were you. You shouldn't lose any bottom end torque cause you will still have backpressure from the cats. The mustang sounds like alot of mustangs on the road today.