Has anyone else here recieved Garbage like packaging and missing hardware from Summit

gruvee87vertgt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Chicago, Il
I recently received a chrome differential cap from Summit Racing.
The packaging is all greessy and grimey. The cap is firty as well. It's missing 8 of the ten bolts. And was wrapped in old raty newspaper.
This item clearly appears to be a return. I hate to think someone at Summit Racing intentional sent this.

I dont bitch much, therefore I will not contact them...I also need to install this asap to get me back on the roll.

Just curius if anyone else seen this act before. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

never had a problem with them... i deal with them the most actually cause they ship so fast. once i actually placed an order on monday and had the parts friday. considering it has to go through customs and here to me in canada thats pretty damn good

Summit is likely a huge operation and the odd problem can happen.

They are basically a warehouse and distributor.
If parts are missing,it`s probably at the manufacturer`s end.Unless items have been pillaged or lost at Summits end,or somewhere along the way:D .

90NotchBack said:
I don't order from jegs or summit anymore. I buy all my stuff local at a small speed shop. I rather support him then the big company's. Plus he is cheaper and I can get it sameday.
WOW, how does he cut the costs compared a large volume comapny? EVERY small speed shop i have seen is more expensive than most mail order places.

90NotchBack said:
I don't order from jegs or summit anymore. I buy all my stuff local at a small speed shop. I rather support him then the big company's. Plus he is cheaper and I can get it sameday.

You're fortunate. I like to support the little guys too. Unfortunately, my local speedshop is run by dirtbags. However, if a small shop has something for the same price as Summit, I'll get it from the small shop. An example is DIYAutotune.com. Jerry won me over with his great customer service. :nice: He's still going above and beyond for me on the msefi.com forums.

On the other hand, I haven't realy had a bad experience with Summit except that they are the only place I've ordered from where the package was beat to hell when I got it. About 25% of the things I've ordered from the have a BADLY damaged package.

EDIT: None of my stuff was damaged, though; just the package

The guy is a Bracket racer and a pretty good guy. The prices are the same or less then Jegs or Summit. I can get everything from him same day most of the time. There is always those items I have to wait until the next day. I will never buy from Jegs or Summit not cause I was treated bad but just that this guy is local, I know him and the prices are good. Plus if I can't make it to his store he'll bring it to the track and give it to me. He does this for a lot of racers.
555942_94_full.jpg

I also dont support speed shops because they are too expensive. Thats fine their trying to make some money too, but if I can get it from summit, 10-20 bucks cheaper, and not have to worry about paying shipping, plus good customer service and fast shipping I will be loyal to them anyday. Only time I go to a speed shop is if I need it NOW, and still it makes me upset.

I live right by summit, so I go there all the time to get stuff. Im actually not supprised that you got a return. I returned a part that I knew didn't work "because Im the idiot who broke it" this was a $220 electronic speedometer, I didn't tell them there was something wrong with it, I didn't even return it with all the parts it came with, they told me they would just resell it with a warentee.

I would buy from the local speed shop but when i asked how much a set of heads would run. They pulled out a summit magazine and quoted me what summit had them for +$50 i just left and wondered why dont i just order them from summit myself, that is what i get for trying to support local business. Summit on the other hand everything i have ordered has been packed and shipped perfectly except my cat back which was tore to ****, the box was ripped in two and had 1 strip of tape holding it together, other than that everything has been good.