• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Has anyone installed a gauge in their 2005 gt?

  • Thread starter Thread starter poonstang16
  • Start date Start date Sep 27, 2007
P

poonstang16

New Member
Apr 18, 2006
29
0
0
Sep 27, 2007
#1
  • Sep 27, 2007
  • #1
I am going to install a NOS gauge this weekend in my 05 gt. It is an Autometer C2 series and has an internal blue LED. Specifically I would like the gauge light to turn on when the dashboard lights come on and to dim when I dim the dashboard lights but I do not know where to find the dashboard dimmer light wire. Any ideas?

Also anyone hook up this configuration before ( a gauge with an LED light)? I know there are adapters to make them dim better if you have stock incandescent bulbs but I figured if I use a dimmer from the instrument panel LEDs this should already be accounted for. Anyone experienced with this?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
Progress Thread 2002 Mustang 3.8L CV
  • TheIncompetentMechanic
  • May 26, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
125
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 1, 2026
TheIncompetentMechanic
T
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
238
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
1
Electrical 1985 mustang gt Led conversion trouble
  • 1985fox
  • Jan 5, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
726
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 15, 2026
1985fox
1
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
344
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
F
Instrument backlights not working correctly
  • Fox2newedge
  • Jul 20, 2024
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
726
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 19, 2024
Fox2newedge
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?