Headers

• Sponsors (?)

the hooker comps I ran for a while fit great, installed easy too. It was a mild build at the time and I picked up mucho power over "shelby" tri-y's. I will never recommend tri-y's to anyone, unless its a set of high dollar stepped tube custom fit kind of deal. Even then, the tri-y design offers little(if any) benefit over 4 into 1 headers.

I just installed ceramic-coated Hooker Super Comps on my '65 Fastback. They bolted right up, but were touching in a few areas (driver and passenger shock towers and steering box). I was confused, as I have original '65 motor mounts, and the shock towers measured exactly what they should, and the export brace and Monte Carlo bars fit perfectly. A few careful, and minor, bends using a pry bar easily fixed this, though.

I´m running Hooker ceramic coated long tubes too. Absolut top
quality and perfect fit. But only with a hydraulic clutch linkage.
67 fastback, manual steering, tremec tko, prothane poly motor mounts.

Markus

I just installed ceramic-coated Hooker Super Comps on my '65 Fastback. They bolted right up, but were touching in a few areas (driver and passenger shock towers and steering box). I was confused, as I have original '65 motor mounts, and the shock towers measured exactly what they should, and the export brace and Monte Carlo bars fit perfectly. A few careful, and minor, bends using a pry bar easily fixed this, though.

Sometimes the motors just don't sit center like they should.I've measured a few and they can vary up to 1/2 inch.