Heads/ Cam combo

tyler6788

Jun 25, 2019
NY
Hey guys, I’m new to this site so not quite sure if I’m in the right place, anyways.. I’ve got an 88 Fox 5.0 the motor is stock..I have 3.73 gears, bbk longtubes w/ 2.5 h-pipe and 2 chamber flow masters, also a t-5 pro shifted 3&4 gears... I recently bought a pair of aluminum cast heads, not sure the brand my guy at a shop put them together for me.. they are 190cc heads with 64c chamber, 3 angle valve job a 2.02” intake valve, and dual ls valve springs.. I originally got them for a 331 supercharged build but bought a 67 and am putting a motor together for that so plans changed.. I wanna run the heads in my fox right now (cause my buddy finally beat me in his f body Camaro)and am currently looking at a ported explorer intake but am still trying to decide on a cam.. I’ve got a computer to convert to mass air so vacuum isn’t an issue at this point but Im not sure what cam to run, I’m told I’ll probably have to extend the valve reliefs for the bigger intake valve.. I was looking at the Anderson n41 cam, would that work well with this combo? I don’t want to have to cut the pistons if I don’t have to, so would I get good performance out of a tfs stage 1, e303 with 1.7 rr?

• Sponsors (?)

Custom grind. You'll want to know spring specs though.

also, are they inline or canted heads?

The dual ls springs are good for .600” lift and over 6k rpm, I’m not sure seat pressure and everything else, the heads were set up for some boost so I know those springs are pretty tough.. And the heads are inline, I was thinking about going with a custom grind, but I’ve never gone that route and I don’t want it to be too radical cause I want to be able to put everything together as easily as possible.. don’t want to have to do a whole bunch of custom work lol

Custom grinds don't need to be radical. They can be made to work well within the limitations of the parts you have.

The custom is really tailoring the powerband to your combo and your desires. Low end grunt, top end power, idle quality, emissions, etc. they can be ground to take advantage of the springs you currently have as well.

The cost is not that much more than an off the shelf cam

Custom grinds don't need to be radical. They can be made to work well within the limitations of the parts you have.

The custom is really tailoring the powerband to your combo and your desires. Low end grunt, top end power, idle quality, emissions, etc. they can be ground to take advantage of the springs you currently have as well.

The cost is not that much more than an off the shelf cam

Thank you for the link, I will check out a custom cam for the setup.. other than that, I’m hoping everything will work together nicely, I have a feeling I’m going to have to upgrade the fuel system a bit.. I’m not sure if I’ll need 24# or 30# injectors, but will I be able to just pop the new injectors in or will I have to do more to the fuel system like fuel pump etc?