Hello From Kansas City!

Hi all, I'm Whammytap and I live in the Kansas City area. Um...I actually drive a 1979 Ford Fairmont. I hope that's okay. I tried to join both Fairmont and Pinto forums but both seem to be dead, so here I am. The Fairmont shares a body platform and some engine/trans options with the early-80s Mustang, and this forum seems to be hoppin', so I was just hoping that I could talk shop a bit with some people who have experience with similar cars. There aren't a lot of Fairmonts out there anymore and to me that's a shame. Mine is a stone stock barn find with 57K miles on the clock that I bought and had shipped from Portland, OR. She's my daily driver.

What say, guys? Do you have room/time for a Fairmont owner?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
  • Sponsors (?)

Hi all, I'm Whammytap and I live in the Kansas City area. Um...I actually drive a 1979 Ford Fairmont. I hope that's okay. I tried to join both Fairmont and Pinto forums but both seem to be dead, so here I am. The Fairmont shares a body platform and some engine/trans options with the early-80s Mustang, and this forum seems to be hoppin', so I was just hoping that I could talk shop a bit with some people who have experience with similar cars. There aren't a lot of Fairmonts out there anymore and to me that's a shame. Mine is a stone stock barn find with 57K miles on the clock that I bought and had shipped from Portland, OR. She's my daily driver.

What say, guys? Do you have room/time for a Fairmont owner?
Well hey!

Go to the subforum for fox bodies and post there with lots of pictures of your car. There's a couple nutty;) people there with fairmonts.

Your car is a fox platform, just like the mustangs. What you read on mustangs will most likely apply to your vehicle as well.

Welcome to stangnet.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, does that bring back memories. My first car was a '78 Fairmont, V8, 4-door sedan. It was in bad shape, and ended up in the junkyard.

I should have learned, but no, I had to decide to get a Fox Mustang in iffy shape to fix up.

Welcome. The folks here are really helpful.

Reactions: 1 user