Hello from Memphis

Miller901

Dec 1, 2020
Memphis
Hello
I’m a new member from Memphis. I’m in my third Mustang now. I’ve driven them but never really worked on them much. I recently bought a 1996 GT. The car runs good and looks pretty good as long as you don’t look underneath. She’s pretty rusty under there. I’m not sure of what to do. That’s one of the reasons I’m here. The main reason though is I’ve been a mustang fan for 30+ years. I bought my first, a 1983 GT in 1988 I believe. I drove it until 1992 and traded it in on a 92 LX 5.0 brand new. I drove it for a few years until I got married and that was it for the Mustangs until now. I’m hoping to learn a few things, well, a lot of things. I have a 17 year old son that I’m trying hard to steer away from the ricer thing. Hopefully a Mustang will do the trick.

Attachments

• 35F0FC1D-EE6E-4759-B4F5-342274B26972.jpeg
    35F0FC1D-EE6E-4759-B4F5-342274B26972.jpeg
    603.9 KB · Views: 36
  • B45E5589-2DF7-459C-9BD9-1D27CE457E20.jpeg
    B45E5589-2DF7-459C-9BD9-1D27CE457E20.jpeg
    634 KB · Views: 31
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome there neighbor. I am North of you in KY.

I too have a WEATHERED Mustang that I am going to be working with for my son. Check out the pictures I have posted of the undercarriage. (Pictures linked in my signature) Father/Son Projects are awesome and can get him really involved in the car and its future use/longevity.

If your undercarriage looks better than the one I am working with, its a keeper. The only reason I have not deep sixed this car I have is because we picked it up "running" for only 600.00 and if we burn it down in the process of rebuilding it for him we do not care. The knowledge he will get from the experience and the time with dad is all he wants really. If the car works out in the end, that is all ice cream on the pie. (not a cake eater here)

Welcome there neighbor. I am North of you in KY.

I too have a WEATHERED Mustang that I am going to be working with for my son. Check out the pictures I have posted of the undercarriage. (Pictures linked in my signature) Father/Son Projects are awesome and can get him really involved in the car and its future use/longevity.

If your undercarriage looks better than the one I am working with, its a keeper. The only reason I have not deep sixed this car I have is because we picked it up "running" for only 600.00 and if we burn it down in the process of rebuilding it for him we do not care. The knowledge he will get from the experience and the time with dad is all he wants really. If the car works out in the end, that is all ice cream on the pie. (not a cake eater here)
I did see your project build. I’m not sure if mine is any better or worse. I am in a wheelchair so I can’t easily get under the car to examine. I did get to look at it once while it was on a lift. I should have taken some pictures but i didn’t. I’m hoping to get it in the air again soon so I can really see how bad it is.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, that is what a son is good for. I make mine do all kinds of things like getting upside down in the front seat to work under the dash so I don't get vertigo. He does not like it, but he is the one who wants to learn so, hands on it is.